The Personality Colours.

@CJscott (4184)
Maybe you stopped in on the conversation I was having the other day about the 4 main personality types. Maybe you didn't, I was thinking to myself today though that I should share it with the entire MyLot community, because it really is a valuable life and communication skill to develop. Right, well since the age of hippocrates we have known that their are 4 distinct main personalty types. They have been given many different names over the years. We like to use colours though, because they are easier to spell. Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. OPEN | YELLOW | BLUE | Indirect------------------------------Direct | GREEN | RED | SELF CONTAINED That is my little cheat sheet. A person will not be open and self contained at the same time, nor can they be direct and indirect at the same time. The following information is for general purposes only and may be highly exaggerated. Each of the personalities of course have good points and bad points. Just keep in mind as you read this that you, yourself today as you are reading have only the good points. I think I will start with the yellow, the wonderful, giving, nurturing yellow. These folks you find in jobs and careers where they can help people the most, nurses, UN workers, day care teachers and the like. They love to help, these are the folks that get upset when a rich person whines about taking a pay cut down to 300k a year. They have a soft and gentle tone of voice, they are always trying to please everyone else before them selves. They are generally dressed in comfy casual clothes. Then let us go the party animal blues. They are the center of attention, the kind of people that talk just to fill the silence. Talk and talk and talk. Love to meet new people. Usually found in sales of any kind, public speaking, and entertainment. They speak loud and fast, and really just want to have fun fun fun, if they don't think its fun, they won't be there. Always on the, and rarely take the time listen, because they are talking and having fun. These guys are dressed stylish and colourfully. Then we come to the get things done. My way or the Highway Reds. They are goal oriented highly organized machines. Generally CEO's of big corporations and politicians. Think Donald Trump. Speak loud and forcefully. Really want things just to be their way, or get out of my way. They dress in luxury suits and rolex's drive fancy cars and the like. And finally we come the emotionally deficient, charisma by passed Greens. Their poster boy Mr.Spock from Star Trek. They always want more information, are studying, researching, crunching the numbers. These are your accountants, mathmeticians, scientists, engineers. Boring, give me the facts and then leave me alone. They speak soft and politely. Dress conservatively. And are always asking for more information. Information, information, information. So, that is an extremely brief over view of the 4 main personality types. What do you think? Have you studied this before? What colour do you think you are?
@dhawanbm (3706)
This is good from the net collection youve made about the colours!
@CJscott (4184)
Thanks I appreciate that. I was just doing it to keep it fresh in my mind and to share the wisdom. They say the best way to learn is to teach. You wouldn't happen to know who they are would you?
hi I am a person whose jobs had to be helping others 'so i was a nurse's aid for many years then in my older'age 'I worked inthe library still helping others. I feel we must be put on earth to help other people, tobe a go to person when you are ill or hurt, and I guess yellow is the color for the helfful people.My voice is soft And kind. I am A good listener. and what is funny is that yellow is not my favorite color but blue is.My son belongs under the greenas he is always looking for more informatin All the time.
@CJscott (4184)
LOL, I think they were just chosen at random. Not because they were anybodies favourite colour or anything like that. The scientific names are Phlegmatic-yellow, Sanguine-Blue, Choleric-Red, and Melancholy-Green. Some one just when phe-whatsit. Let's just say yellow, because sunshine is yellow. Or something like that. Cheers.
Hmmm. The way I see it we are all walking rainbows. I do not go in for all that lumping people into 4 categories idea. What a distraction that would be to look at somebody and instead of seeing a living, breathing, individual, full of unique and complex energy patterns, to try to figure out what psycho-babble type label to attach to them! You can have it I don't want it! However, I probably fit more into the 'red' category. I am a goal-oriented highly organized machine. And with me it is definitely my way or the highway. I have a 1600 dollar vacuum cleaner, the salt I use costs 8 dollars a pound, I just bought an 82 dollar hairbrush, etc., etc., etc.... my son says I spend money like a rock star. What do you think, red???
@CJscott (4184)
Perhaps. It isn`t so much about categorizing them, as it is about being able to see from their perspective. So that you can talk to them in a way that makes them feel good. I am kind of new to it all, and I believe the best way to learn is to teach, that is why I started this discussion. Could you see yourself making 5000 to 10000 dollars a month? What do you like to do in your spare time? What do you like about that? What was your favorite part of being a parent? And just remember, everybody has parts of every personality. Under some circumstances they will suppress their dominate colour in favour of one that helps them to deal with the situation better to them. And this has been around a while, first identified by hippocrates, updated by such people as Dr.Carl Jung and Florence Littauer, and of Course Tom "big al" Schreiter. Its mostly just about learning to listen though.
Words don't teach, experience is the best teacher, nor am I into coddling the human race with a bunch of empty words carefully calculated to make them feel good. Everybody is responsible for their own feelings. My objective in life is not to try and make others happy, but to make myself happy. Everybody else can do what they will. That might sound callous to you but in order to help anybody else, you must first help yourself, otherwise it is just the blind leading the blind so to speak. I see myself with unlimited income. Spare time? What is spare time? I only have this moment - and the next, and the next, and the next... and I do whatever I want in every one of those moments. What I like about that is the thrill of being in a physical body, creating even more beauty to add to this already beautiful world. My favorite part of being a parent was the joy of hanging out with 2 of my best friends through all eternity. And if you want to learn how to listen then listen to the wind or little birds singing. Because what you want to do when you are listening to somebody is
hear the music of their wild and free spirit, and not get lost in the illusion of their words.
I think this is a very neat little discussion about peoples thought patterns, I am not sure I would base it on colors but hey does it really matter. For me I think I fit in with the blue. I love to meet new people and I do like to talk for sure. Do you judge us by our avatar pictures here at mylot? I was just thinking I do not judge but let me tell you I have seen some really off the wall pics for people. I think this site is a lot about learning about people and that is just another reason I stay here. I added you as a friend today in the hopes you will accept me. But I am off to respond to more of your discussions because I think you are cool. Take care and happy mylotting to you.
@CJscott (4184)
Colors are easy to spell. The technical terminology, is phlegmatic, sanguine, melancholy, and choleric, but those are hard to pronounce and hard to spell. It is a quick reference, keeping it simple so that anyone can easily pick it up. I make no judgments by avatars if I did, I would think you were a 10 year old mommy. I prefer to make judgments based on responses. I do judge, I think that nearly everyone does. You judge people based on your values. You judge whether or not you like them based on their values. I completely agree it is a great place to come and learn about people and cultures. Cheers.
@ypyanyan (956)
thank you.I like skyblue.the meaning of colours are different in different country.I am sky blue
@cyrus123 (6383)
Hi CJScott! No, I never have studied this. Thank you for posting it. This is very interesting! My favorite color is green. However, I must be a blue because I like to entertain people, lol. I've always enjoyed singing and wanted to be a professional singer for years. Where did you get this information? Kathy.
@CJscott (4184)
I picked it up in a couple of different places. Namely Mentoring For Free, and from Tom 'Big Al' Shcrieter of Fortunenow.com. It is a skill that professional Network Marketers should be using.