what the meaning of dance and the sing in the india movies

@advokatku (4037)
Indonesia
Are you ever watching India movie ? I am often watch India movie, I like and very like with story line it. also With India actors or artist, I like it. But every I watch it, I am often ask, why in the India movies many songs and dances ? ... in the plight, they singing and dancing. in the happy situation, they singing and dancing, even in war, they keep singing and dancing. funny. See the tree ? they also singing and dancing .... why ? whats with the dance and sing them ?
@malpoa (1218)
Ha ha so you also found it funny? See there are some reasons for these songs and dance sequences. Mainly it caters to all the audience. Some come for enjoyment. In real life no one writes lyrics and tunes it for us. Some go to watch movies to see things which did not happen to their lives. also songsa play a crucial role in the success of the movie. the audio and video of songs are released days ahead of the movie and peole get the glimses of the story. Some out of curiocity go to watch the movie...They are even good at fast fowarding time like if you see a bud blooming, it indicates the children growing up, showing diffrent seasons indiacte the years gone by... Though I agree that some songs are just an unnecessary input...
@advokatku (4037)
ya, malpoa. some any songs unnecessary .... its impossible if you want go to war, you must singing right ?
@malpoa (1218)
I guess you are referring to the song from the movie called Border. That film has got some fabulous songs both lyrics wise and music wise. Jus tlistening to that song make my eyes fill with tears...Maybe it might fill yous too cozs the lines are so touching...The songs were penned by one of the most talented writer we got here named Javed akthar. The song : sandesen aathe hai, muje tadpate hai...ki chitti aati hai it means news has come, it make me eager, letter has come, I will be asked about my next home visit... The song is in the context of soldiers in war zone receiving letters from their family ...
There is no meaning behind it, at least no deep meaning. I asked my boyfriend and he said the reason is people want to be entertained and there doesn't have to be logic in a movie, people don't care about logic in movies (a billionaire fighting crime?) you just go to movies and enjoy them and they try to include something for everybody which apparently includes singing and dancing.
@advokatku (4037)
hmmmh .... I think you not often watching India movie ....
@med889 (5958)
I have seen many Indian movies and one thing I like about is is the dances and singing though I don't quite understand all of them, however I have also question myself that why do they have to sing and dance every now and then,well they waste time a bit and just imagine some 8 songs in a movie, I don't think this can make the movie better but only waste out time a bit.
@advokatku (4037)
agree .... too many songs in a movie