Recession

@picjim (3003)
This recession was i believe triggered by excessive speculation in real estate due to the availability of low interest funds being made available to sub prime borrowers i.e those whose credit worthiness was low.I request subscribers of mylot to kindly inform me as to the time span within which the real estate sector's fortunes will improve?
@buzzmaker (631)
There are a lot of reasons that caused the recession. real estate was just a trigger you could say. We need to understand that the businesses move in waves. Whatever goes up comes down and goes up again! I think we are through with the worst period and things should be settling soon. Be patient and cautious, it will pay.
@picjim (3003)
I thank you for your well thought out view you seem to have a good understanding of business cycles.
Thanks for 'the best response'!
@savypat (20246)
During times like this people who are wise and can afford it are investing in Real Estate. This is generally not a short term investment but over the years has proven it's self to be good.
@picjim (3003)
It is a good source of long term appreciation as you have put it rightly.