Miss Universe is going on and my bet is Miss Australia

@jlamela (4909)
Right at this moment, august 24, 2009 (10:55am, I am watching the live telecast of 2009 Miss Universe live via satellite from the breath taking island of Nassau, Bahamas. I am very disappointed that our very own Miss Pamela Bianca Manalo (Philippines) did not make it to the top 15 semifinalist, so my eyes now are routed for Miss Australia, she looked stunning at 5 feet 9 inches, she carried herself well and very graceful on stage. She is my bet for 2009 Miss Universe crown, I hope she make it.
@dknkyle (447)
I was in a little dilemma in between Miss Venezuela and Miss Puerto Rico when it comes down to the Top 5, then after the question and answer section, I though Miss Dominican Republic answered her question quite well and also I totally agree with Miss Australia's answer in regards to certain countries discouraging women wearing swimsuits. Up to the very last minute when each of the 5 finalist was doing their so call 'Final Catwalk', I placed my bet on Miss Puerto Rico. However, in the end, I wasn't shocked that Miss Venezuela won but very damn shocked that Miss Kosovo took the 2nd runner-up, leaving Miss Australia and Miss Puerto Rico to take the last two position of the final 5. Anyway, its not that bad that Miss Venezuela won and the top 5 finalists were okey this year, except that I was shocked that Miss France failed to clinch Top 5. The BOO-BOO of Miss Universe 2009 is that Miss M.I.C (Made in China), I was thinking what's wrong with China's taste nowadays... OMG, sending an average looking china girl with that 'Cheena' look and 'I am from China' kind of feel to represent China in Miss Universe? Super Xia Sway... as a Chinese I don't even know where should I hide my face now.
@jlamela (4909)
Hello dknkyle, Yes, we have the same observation, I was in great shocked when Miss Kosovo placed 2nd runner up!my gosh!even the dumbest person would conclude that her answer to the final question was totally out-of-this-world, it did not directly answer to the question, how come she was ahead of Miss Australia?Goodness, it was really a shocking result. I think Miss Dominican Republic deserved to be crowned Miss Universe than Miss Venezuela. Well, I was also surprised with Miss China's national costume, I wanted to laugh when she took center-stage to parade her costume, where did she get that costume? But in general your contestant is pretty and I think she carried herself well. Remember she took home one of the most coveted awards at the contest-the Miss Congeniality, that means she has this super sweet and nice character. Congratulations!
@callarse1 (4793)
It looks like Miss Venezuela won! I was very surprised by the whole thing. Yup, Miss Philippines nor did Miss Brazil get into the top 15 and I thought they looked good. Well it was a good evening, what did you think?
@jlamela (4909)
Okay so the contest is now finished and goshhhhhhhh what a shocking results. Why I say this?because first and foremost, Miss Australia was well-poised and very graceful, she exuded charm and self-confidence and she projected herself well on stage. Second, I was very surprised to note that Miss Kosovo who gave a very puzzling and fire out answer to the question placed 2nd runner up ahead of the eloquent Miss Australia. What happen to this supposed prestigious beauty pageants?each year this organization always created controversies, was this a tactic of its owner Donald Trump?