What Would You Call Them...

Men and Women... - Men and Women...
@twoey68 (13651)
Ok, another discussion that I started made me think of this one…so here goes: Why is it we have so many names for a woman that sleeps around and none for men who sleep around? Women who sleep around are often called sl*ts, wh*res, tr*mps, hoochies, harlots, jezabels, the list goes on. But there isn’t a name for a man who sleeps around. In the discussion I was referring to, the poster referred to the man as a rapist or pedophile but these words don’t fit b/c a rapist is someone who rapes another person and a pedophile is someone who goes after little kids. I’m not talking about them, I’m talking about a man who goes around sleeping with one woman after another. What would you call him? Why are their such different standards for men and women and why isn’t there more names for the trampy men? [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@scififan43 (2438)
Yes there has been a double standard for women and men since the dawn of civilazation. I belive that two words that may describe what you are looking for are, stud and gigilo. I also think Cade and there maybe a few others. but I realy can't think of any, you must pardom me of courese, I am a man. lol.
@tammytwo (4303)
There are no names for them because society finds it acceptable for a man to sleep around but unacceptable for a woman to do so. But as far as I am concerned I called them man wh*ores. Others call them players but that too is almost a compliment for a man. Not sure why it seems to be alright for a man to sleep around especially considering it is often done with a woman, who in turn would be called one of the names you listed.
@drannhh (15243)
From a young age, my mum taught me that the correct word was "philanderer" as described in this link: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/philanderer But there is another phrase made up of two words that we usually use, and the censor would get me if I repeated them here, but the first starts with "d" and the second ends with "d" and each is four letters long and refers colloquially to a different body part. It is very descriptive and fits perfectly, however.
@BarBaraPrz (22210)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
But that could describe a guy in any circumstance, not just this one...
LOL I'm going to guess you're referring to a couple of people's comments on that "Indecent Proposal" discussion you started. How silly of them to call Demi Moore such horrible things. I really think people need to put things into perspective..I'm guessing that EACH and every one of them would accept the proposal if put into a tight enough situation. I know what you mean, though. Men are rarely called out on their whorish ways, unlike girls - at least this is how it's been in popular culture. It's quite pathetic! You're right, there are SEVERAL derogatory names that girls are called. There are some serious double standards for men & women. Men can sleep around with 10 different girls and be called "studs" and "heart-breakers" and all those "good" terms (whereas 'man wh*ore' and 'pig' come to my mind) and apparently if a woman has a one-night stand (in order to support her family financially) - she's called a sl*t. It's weird to think of how loosely people use that word in regards to women.
@twoey68 (13651)
Actually I hadn't seen the comments about Demi yet...I think she's a wonderful actress and ppl do need to remember that the movies are just that, acting. I was actually referring to one person who said something to the effect of "there's a name for women like that, sl*ts". It just struck me that there's all these names for women who would do something like that, but none for the men. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@stephcjh (32327)
I have often wandered why women get these names too but men don't. Men who do this type of thing, are most usually called studs for their actions. I see nothing studly about it. I have heard them called wh.re mungers. That is what they are!
@mommyboo (13198)
A jiggalo? LOL! Men can be sl&ts too. Trashy? That IS trashy, regardless of which gender is doing it. A chauvinist?
Men are called the same thing just not as loud. Woman aren't as quick to name them I think. And men have always gotten the better end of the deal in such things. Male wh*res I am thinking. I like to think women just have more class than to go name calling. Could we just go with that?
@catdla1 (6005)
That's a very good question. I'd be willing to bet that all of those terms for women were coined by men. Sort of like word of mouth that these women are good for one thing, but not marriage or motherhood (which I don't necessarily agree with). There are a few terms for men, such as studs, lechers, dirty old men, womanizer, rake, player and skirt-chaser are a few. Most of those terms are probably coined by women, as warnings to other women that these men are good for one thing too. Promiscuous men like to think of themselves as Casanovas or Don Juans...even if it's far from the truth. I can't think of a character term that women would call themselves that is in the same light. Maybe we're all Mata Hari's or Lady Godivas?
@berrys (864)
I too often wonder why as well. Man get away with many things that women don't. man can date younger women and it'd be perfectly normal however if a woman dates a younger man, all of the sudden call animal control there's a cougar alert. I think that this is discriminatory. Men get to be all rough and edgy and do as they please, another words be disgusting. but if a women does it then she be considered a bu*ch or worse. Even what you mentioned where man are able to be 'man wh0res' (if you would indulge me using such a term) yet when women sleep around they are often shun for doing so. A man who goes through life unmarried with an endless stream of gorgeous women running in and out of his life is a bachelor and his lifestyle is celebrated like that of a hero. but a women would be considered a spinster and people will pity her for having such a life style. Also most people think that women who choose to not have children are not serving their purpose on this planet.. hello.... ITS NOT YOUR BODY. Honestly I've met some women who felt force in to having children and they are all unhappy. Next time some one thinks you should do something you don't want to remind them that it's not their privates having to be stretched 10cms its yours (though its hypocritical of me to complain for I love my children) But in a way being a women is not so bad, we get ladies day, we get special discounts at places. We can hold each other hands without being called gay. and if we are the men like us more. an odd world we live in but one that has its ups and downs for both women and men. sorry to have had rambled quite a bit here but happy mylotting
@dawnald (84142)
• Shingle Springs, California
Casanova, Don Juan, player, playboy, gigolo.... I think there are so many more words for women that have negative connotations, because of the general attitude that women who do that are bad. but for men it's supposedly normal.
I can only think of gigolos, professional boy toys, paid companions with benefits. I really do nor know as I have never had to avail myself of their services!!
@BarBaraPrz (22210)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
But those are nice terms...
Well perhaps if I had ever used their services I could have come up with something really nasty!!!
Since when did gigolo become a nice term. Just call them dog. I have heard the term 'manwh*r' in movies. Maybe we need more names for such dogs.
@jdyrj777 (6549)
Ok, how about gigelo? That is probably misspelled. For me i use the same name for males as i do for females. All tht you mentioned. Plus i made up a couple. Hoedoggy for the older males and slutpuppy for the younger ones.
Very creative, I think I like it. You have quite a command of the language and some real creative thoughts. Of course I would rather not think about guys like that.
@jdyrj777 (6549)
Id rather not think of them that way either. But did you read the discussion? Im just saying there are names for males that sleep around too.
@jillhill (37383)
That is a mystery...maybe we should change it! I called a guy I worked with once a sl*t....he got so mad at me he wouldn't talk to me for a whole week....he was married and messing around....he just couldn't take it.....but I have heard him use the same word to describe a woman....go figure!
@BarBaraPrz (22210)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I once called a married male coworker a cockroach... he laughed and took it as a term of endearment.
They are called players or playboys, cads, mashers, wolves, casanovas, male wholes,studs.
Oops I meant male wh@res.
@TLChimes (4842)
Gram called them hounds, jiggalos, tramps. I call them ex's. And as for the other discussion I don't think any of those names apply to the situation you mentioned.
@twoey68 (13651)
I love the line "I call them ex's"...I've had a few too. LOL [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@blackbriar (9080)
I never thought of this, twoey. I wonder myself why there aren't all kinds of names for the azzhole guys. There should be. Will be interesting to see what others have to say about this.
I think there are manyu nasty names for "azzhole" guys but it hard to come up with anything for the men who are not interested in these type of holes!
I don't see why we can't apply the same names to those $lutty men as they do to women they deam to be $lutty. If people say "he's such a $lut," I think it'll be obvious they're talking about a $lutty male, because they refered to the $lut with a male pronoun instead of a female one.
@ANTIQUELADY (36471)
u ARE RIGHT WOMEN HAVE ALWAYS GOT A BAD DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT THEY DO & what men do. mEN HAVE NEVER BEEN TALKED ANOUT LIKE WOMAN when they are doing the same thing. It's not right but there is alot of things that aren't right. Other men act like the ones that are running around deserve a button & seem to look up to them for doing it. I think men can be wh ores to.
ah,you have to love the double standard. i've known some guys that are flat out terrible about doing that(name calling AND sleeping around). and they don't care who they hurt either. manwh*res,himbos..or plain out trash works.
@syankee525 (6294)
well because it's not a fair world. they call guys who sleep around studs. to me it's wrong that women get unfair treatment. to me guys who sleep around and use females for this are jerks, they aren't real men. real men dont do this to females. as far as dudes doing the other stuff, well they are jerks. i could think of alot worst but i know i would be block. this dudes i would love to spend an hour with and just do things that are so couldn't igmine. one thing cut off thier thingy.
@lazeebee (5467)
We don't really have a term for them either, but among my group of friends, we call such men by a local term which roughly translates to 'town dumpster'. Just like a dumpster, where all sorts of garbage is dumped, so......