Just started my own website, need everyone's input please?

I just started my own website a couple weeks ago, I'm still tweaking a few things here and there but its pretty much up, live, and running. It's called License to Get Paid and it's an online library for all the get paid sites with the exception of PTCs and adult sites. There's no referral links anywhere to be found. What makes it different from similar sites is that the aim is to list as much statistical information as possible about each get paid site i.e. page rank, net worth, etc. and I will soon be writing my own reviews on each site when I have the time. Amazon Affiliates was the only appropriate ad-like service I can find to monetize the website however, because just about everywhere else will not accept the type of content on my site especially Google Adsense. I tried Bidvertiser, Adbrite, Kontera, Text Link Ads, etc. I don't qualify for any of those except for Amazon Affiliates. I plan to use a blog paying service like Pay Per Post or Blogsvertise to pay me to write on my site's blog though so that should help boost my earnings. I'm just looking for some input and advice on what I've done so far with the website i.e. anything I should remove, do differently, my placement of the amazon ads, etc. Also if you know of another way I can monetize this type of site, that would really help! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the address here, but just go to google and type in License to Get Paid, it should be the first 1 to come up. Licensetogetpaid dot com
• Israel
Hi, You seem to have invested some thought in your website - that's a great idea. Some points to look at, though: 1) You host it at freewebs (their system is quite limited, so I can tell by the look of the site it was made by their system...) - I would consider hosting it on a paid hosting server. 2) The design does not seem to fit the content - why make it black? What's the electricity all about? It does look cool, but maybe for the site of Carmen Electra, or some Heavy Metal band. Try to lighten up your site's look. 3) It might also be useful to use Joomla instead of this system... you already paid for the domain name, so why not pay for a nice hosting plan and setup a good website? I can help you setup a website with a newsletter system in less than an hour... About monetizing - You can monetize your site using smowtion. You can use the link in my profile and get 80% revenue share (instead of 60% revenue share signing up by yourself). They accept every website which is great for you, since it solves the qualification problem. Their referral system is not much, but the revenue sharing is amazing - you are actually getting paid for the traffic on your website. Hope this helps:)
Health, I'll check out Smowtion, thanks :) Actually I paid for domain AND hosting with freewebs, $100 total for 1 year. I was originally with Blue Host for about a week and they actually had Joomla but everything was so complicated for me to put together, I had an EXTREMELY hard time making the site on BlueHost, BIG TIME, everything seemed too advanced for me to tackle. I like freewebs site builder applications and interface because its very easy and understandable. Otherwise, I would have went with something like Wordpress but they're very expensive. I made it black background because I want to comfort the reader's eyes when they read the content with a background that's not bright and text and links that are highlighted by green and yellow colors. The black helps those colors stick out as well as doesn't overwhelm the eyes with a colorful background. The electricity thing, ah well, I don't know, it kind of stuck. The main theme of the site was black and green, however I found a limited selection of black backgrounds with green headers. I can always upload one from flickr though.
• Israel
Well... wordpress and joomla are totally free. And a hosting company should help you with things you tackle with. One big advantage of Joomla and Wordpress beyond them being totally free is that you can move hosts easily. You just create a backup of the site, and move it. You might not think on it right now, but as your site grows, you would probably start thinking on bigger and faster host, and wish you could have this feature or the other... and maybe, one day you would like a server of you own. I think you can actually save by hosting with Joomla or Wordpress. If you need any help with them, PM me and I'll show you how. This blog has taken me about 2 minutes to setup - since I'm hosting with the right company : http://ycc.co.il/blog
What exactly do you mean by having a server of my own? Sorry, I'm not too much of a website expert, I consider myself intermediate at best but not a full blown expert. Is the server the same as a domain? Because i already have my own domain.
Your site is a great idea and has good potential. All you have to do is to continue to feed it with quality content. Much much more content!