I don't get it!

@Trensue (5256)
So I think I get it all figured out and now I am confused again. (I am old and I am going to use that as an excuse.) I write an article on AC and submit it for upfront payment ----- if I mark it non-exclusive I can reprint it on Helium? right? - Do I have to wait to see what AC thinks about my article? Is there really any merit for writing on both sites?
@mommaj (22768)
Trensue, you have to wait until AC approves the article before putting in on Helium. AC has to have it published on their site first. Pain, but you know... As far as any merit writing on both sites, only if there are people on Helium who don't find your stuff on AC. I still get views on Helium that I don't get on AC. I also think it is an opportunity for other publishers to see our work. The publishers that have a contract buying stuff from ac probably do not have the same contract and may not be allowed to buy stuff off of Helium. More exposure better opportunity.
@Trensue (5256)
And how long does this process usually take?
@mommaj (22768)
It says in the guidelines up to ten days. Don't worry they haven't taken that long yet, even with all the computer problems. Just kidding. You should hear something in a week if not less. The waiting is the worst!
@tosha33 (265)
Hello, I write for Associated content and also write for a few other sites. I am not sure about Helium, but I have taken other articles that I have written for A/C and used them for other sites, such as ehow. In order to do this you will need to change the title, and rewrite the article. If you do this then I see no reason why you should not be able to use it for Helium. I would wait till is is approved by A/C to see of you can get an upfront payment for it first. I learnt this the hard way with one of the first Articles that I wrote for them and then published it on another site. It was rejected, because it was published on another site, even though I was the one who wrote it.
@oscar6 (1939)
You should wait until associatedcontent reviews and publishes your article. As long as you make the article non exclusive than you have the right to publish it on other sites. However associatedcontent doesnt give you upfront payment for articles that have already been published somewhere else so make sure that you publish them on there first.
@KrauseHome (35034)
From what I have seen, if you ever want to submit something around the same level as what you submit in AC, you need to change the Title some, and rewrite the Article a little as somewhere I read in AC that you cannot submit the same stuff you submit there somewhere else. It might be because of if they are paying you for that exact Writing they don't want it somewhere else? But I know a lot of times if it is something like what I have posted elsewhere, or want to post somewhere else I usually will post it non-exclusive for sure.
@AnythngArt (3304)
I have posted a lot of the same stuff on both sites. Why not try and make some extra money that way? The only thing is (for me) I have a lot more articles on Helium, so I re-post them to AC and only get page views. Still, a little extra income is better than nothing. If you can make it work so that you get the upfront payment first, so much the better!