What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a pure vegetarian?

@mastinet (467)
What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a pure vegetarian? Can we get the full proteins, vitamins and other materials needed for our healthy body only from vegetarian diets? Express your views here. What are you? A pure vegetarian, non vegetarian or a combination of both?
@dlr297 (5412)
Even though i eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, I also eat some dairy products, milk eggs, and cheese, and i also eat meat on occasion, even though it is not a lot. so im a mixture of both.
@mastinet (467)
Well thanks and I believe that their are no disadvantages of being a vegetarian. Even non vegetarian food is also needed for some Vitamins like B12 which are not found in plant based diets
I have been told that not all the esential aminoacids we need to build our cells (DNA) are present in veggies. I think that there must have been a reason why men are omnivorous. Nevertheless, many people eat more meat that their body needs. We should all have lessons to care for our body in a more scientific way. Happy posting!
@mastinet (467)
You are correct. Non vegetarian food has its own advantage and are more rich in proteins and vitamins than vegetarian diet. But still I fully support vegetarian. Be vegetarian and remain GREEN
@picjim (3003)
From what I've read you get almost everything from vegetarian diet but it appears vitamin b12 is found in meats hence veggies lack this vitamin.
@mastinet (467)
You are very correct picjim. Although vegetarian food provides all the essential nutrients, but still there are certain factors that we get in more amounts from meat or fish. Meat is considered to be the major source of vitamin B12. Phosphorus present in the meat is easily absorbed than that present in legumes and cereals. Non-vegetarian diet is recommended for body builders as they require a protein rich diet in sufficient amount. Despite this thought, I fully support vegetarian
@buzzmaker (631)
As far as I understand, there are only advantages of being a vegetarian. I am 100% vegetarian, don't even eat an Egg! I am happy be so. I get all the protein and other required diet from vegetables. According to me, people who complain that they don't get as much nutrition from vegetables as they get from meat are just trying to give excuses for not being a 100% vegetarian. This is of course my own personal opinion, so all the non-vegetarians, please do not mind. Thanks
@mastinet (467)
Thanks for the comment. I fully support pure vegetarian and I am also a pure vegetarian. It provides all the nutrients, proteins and vitamins required by our body, then why should we go for meat, fish or so.
@atv818 (1988)
• United Arab Emirates
It should be a combination of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian so that you can get almost all the nutrition the body needs
@Shebang (244)
It makes your body too alkalinic.