too much about grief

@Trensue (5247)
I know that I have been speaking a lot about grief and death since my mother’s passing. But today I am really excited about the headstone and I want someone to know how pleased I am. My parents had been married 57 years so they truly are soul mates and a couple. I was fairly insistent that I didn’t want a headstone that had Dad’s name on it in the cemetery just waiting for the death date. I don’t like that and since I am the “baby” of the family I got my way. We own a rock quarry. We were able to find a really beautiful stone at the quarry. We hand split the rock. Mom’s headstone is the first half of the stone. It is beautiful on it’s own, but when Dad passes away his headstone will be placed with hers and it will be obvious the stone is complete. Is it odd that I am finding comfort in a headstone?
@anniefannie (1743)
it sounds like a beautiful rock and i am glad you can find comfort in that .both of my parents are gone now and shave one stone after a marriage of 57 years too.i will always miss them, but i know they are in a better place now.
@Opal26 (17691)
Hi Trensue! I think that is the most romantic thing that I have ever heard! How beautiful! What an incredible idea to split the stone! You are brilliant! I love that! It is so perfect for such a loving couple! Two pieces of the same stone meant to be together as one! And they will be together one day! (No rushing it Dad)! And no Trensue, it isn't odd for you to find comfort in a headstone, especially not in this one! I think that you have found your peace at last! Hugs to you and you family, Opal