Okay - I am going to rant - rave and complain

@Trensue (5256)
Today was a clean up day for my Helium and it is clear to me that people do not even read the leap frog items when they are rating. I had old ones that did not even meet current requirements that were not replaced with better written articles that do meet the requirements. I had some formatting issues and the raters left the articles with the issues. I tried to leap 20 articles today and only two of them went through. I am frustrated beyond belief --- GRRRRRRRR Is anyone listening?
@mommaj (22768)
First, I would like to thank you for your rant - rave, complaint. I have the same issue with Helium. I always have. I wonder if anyone reads the title and then the articles because half the time the articles don't match the titles. I just realized this is seven days old. It actually showed up on the writing screen just now. My computer is messed up or mylot is circulating the discussions to confuse me. LOL Second, I am sorry to hear you tried to do 20 and none of them were changed. I know that can be frustrating especially when you put so much time into the leapfrogs.
@Trensue (5256)
It is as true today as it was seven days ago and I appreciate someone having the same issues as me!
@mommaj (22768)
Well, I will say after I wrote to helium explaining I was trying to correct some grammatical errors, they said they couldn't change the whole article only three words at a time. I politely replied to them that I suggest they change the way leap frog is done because here I was trying to conform to their writing standards and couldn't because whoever was rating the articles didn't want to be bothered with reading them.
@AnythngArt (3304)
You have every right to be annoyed. This is the real downfall of the Helium system. No one does read the articles (except me). Ok, I know there must be one or two others out there, but honestly, from the way that my articles have been rated and from my experience leapfrogging, it feels like no one out there takes the time to actually check and see which article is better. Some things are subjective, but when you have a leapfrogged article, it's usually pretty clear. It just points up to me the lack of value in rating. If people really did follow the system, it would work well. As it is now, it's terribly flawed. And frustrating!
@Trensue (5256)
I would like to think that at least two of us read them, but I can't be certain!! Maybe I don't do as good of a job as I think.
Oh, sorry, I did not mean to exclude you! I was doing some ranting myself. I get so frustrated with the rating system. I wish there were some way to fix it, but I guess it will be forever flawed. Still, you have survived it to write 1,000 articles. I still can't get over that number! You've got my head spinning!
@mrtimharry (1180)
Last week went to leapfrog a couple of competition articles because of some grammar mistakes and found that the leapfrogs were rejected leaving the poor ones in the competition for rating.
@Trensue (5256)
I never leap during competitions any more. I just write them and leave them or I make myself crazy.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
I think the problem is how they are displayed. When two articles are alongside each other, and very similar, it's difficult to pick out the differences with a quick read through, which is basically all the time you can give to rating, if you're honest. Helium must take some of the blame for this, because instead of sprinkling the rating stuff with the odd leapfrog, they tend to put a batch of them together. I was rating this morning, and I had about 5 leapfrogs, one after the other. When the 6th one came up, I closed the session. It takes longer to rate leapfrogs, because you have to read both articles every time, whereas when you are given two pairs of articles on a topic, you only need to read 3 of the 4 articles to do the rating. It may be worth taking up this point with admin. On a more personal note, glad to see you're getting back to normal activity after the stress of the last weeks.
@Trensue (5256)
I think the leaps always come up first so they won't get clogged in the system when no one is rating. I guess there are bigger problems in the world, but it felt good to get it off my chest! And thanks so much for the personal note - that means a lot.
@lynnemg (4539)
Have you tried to contact administration to asj for assistance? Maybe they had your number of available leaps wrong on your records or theirs. As far as rating goes, I know that I can only rate the article that they provide for me to rate, I cannot pick which ones pop up on my screen.
@Trensue (5256)
It is not an administrative issue. The articles popped up for Helium writers and clearly they didn't read them or did a very poor job. I am just upset that they did not take the time to read the articles because they were not even close.