Found after 18 years!

@paula27661 (15899)
Australia
I heard on the news today that a California girl named Jaycee Dugard who was kidnapped 18 years ago at the age of 11 was found with her two children apparently fathered by one of the kidnappers. She was found in good health living in a tent or something similar in a ‘backyard behind a backyard’ and her children aged 11 and 15 have never been to school or ever received medical attention. Jaycee was abducted on June 10, 1991 by Philip and Nancy Garrido who were driving a gray sedan at the time. According to the news report Philip Garrido aroused suspicion when he turned up at the University of California, Berkeley campus with Jaycee’s two girls (his daughters) to pass out religious leaflets. I can only imagine Ms Dugard’s parents' reaction upon hearing their daughter is alive! Read a report here: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE57Q5L420090828 (NOT A REFERRAL LINK) There are many other unresolved missing person’s cases like the well known case of Madeleine McCann missing since 2007 and five month old baby Sabrina Aisenberg missing since 1997 both apparently taken. http://www.unsolved.com/missing.html (NOT A REFERRAL LINK) Are they still alive? Talk about a family’s worst nightmare!
Probably thought she was hearing things or it was a joke when she heard. That's crazy though. But I am glad, sadly it's really rare that a kid gets kidnapped and turns up alive.
@paula27661 (15899)
Yes it is not often that happens. I hope the poor girl can get on with her life. It all came to a stop for her at eleven; no more school, just babies, poor living conditions and who knows what! Thanks for stopping by babytaffster!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I heard this on the news today too. Simply unbelieveable that this kind of thing happens! My heart goes out to that girl and her children. I can only imagine the counseling and all that they're going to have to have from living that way for so long. I 'm sure her Mother is overjoyed to have her back and know that she is alive, even though she must have suffered so much horrors over her life. 18 years is such a long time to have to go through such ordeals. I wish them future peace and happiness, and that they can get over it all and have a nice and quiet future.
@paula27661 (15899)
My feelings exactly. I saw a picture on the news last night of the squaller poor Jaycee and her children had to live in...The Police are digging up the area around the house to see if there are any bodies of other missing girls. That guy is a sick individual and I too pray that Jaycee and her kids can have a good life from now on; they will need professional help I would imagine. Thanks for responding to my discussion JoyfulOne, love your avatar!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Thanks for br Paula :-) Just heard on this mornings news that Jaycee and her kids are doing ok. I think that what saddens me most is that for every case like this that's found, there's probably others that have never been resolved and back to their families. Glad you like the avatar. That's me most days: running around in circles and never getting anywhere outside the box lol.
@paula27661 (15899)
I feel a bit that way too, running running and getting nowhere new! It is sad that so many children are still missing...Glad to heat Jaycee is doing well...We have an interview on 60 minutes tonight all about her, should be interesting although sad.
@JenInTN (27565)
Oh paula, this story is really crazy. Could you imagine? And to have hada children with that nut as well...the family..this is terrible. He should be charged with a lot worse than he is and as for the wife..that witch should be convicted for everything he is. I can not imagine how that family must feel. There had to be a point in which this child/woman come to acceptance that she would never be found..makes me sick.
@paula27661 (15899)
It made me sick tonight when I heard his interview on the news he said something along the lines of, "What I did was sick but I turned my life around and this is actually quite a heart warming story that will please people..." Not his exact words but the comment went something like that, WHAT THE??? Do you believe it??? He said Jaycee grew attached to him, THAT'S NOT THE POINT IS IT? HE KIDNAPPED HER!! Sicko!! Sorry Jen this poor excuse of an individual makes me very ill! Thanks for responding, good to hear from you.
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Unfreakin'believable that someone with a record and on parole would be able to keep a kidnap victim hidden away for so many Years...and Allegedly have 2 kids by Her?(The first when She was 14?) He's Married..Was his wife complicit or aware he had the captives hidden in their yard? And He had the brass neck to have the Children out with him when passing out religous tracts when suspicions about him were investigated?!
@paula27661 (15899)
I saw it on the news again tonight. Both he and his wife have been arrested for kidnapping her, it's unbelievable isn't it? I imagine he figured that by this time he would never be caught, who knows, I feel sorry for Jaycee and her family for the 18 years they've missed out on; she was living in very poor conditions, not to mention her children, uneducated and neglected of medical care. It's sad... Thanks for responding ShepherdSpy, I appreciate it.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
That is amazing but the sad thing is, this poor girl will never ever be the same. Not even close. These low life's scum bags have destroyed not only her life but that of her two childrens as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's been found but the trauma of it all, it's going to take years if at all before she's righted with her mind. God bless the girl and her family.