Do you think Healthcare reform is a must?

Two days ago, there was a town hall meeting at downtown Atlanta, hosting by AARP about the healthcare reform. Some participants expressed their views on healthcare reform bill proposed by our president. One participants telling about her best friend lost her life because she couldn't afford to go to Emergency room, otherwise she might stay alive right now. With tremendous cost of medical bills that not everyone can afford. Don't you think our government should do something about it, or make it more affordable to average citizens?
@tdemex (3547)
I was raised in Detroit MI and because of the unions there, all the major companies weather they were union or had to provide health care to get quality employees, so I had health care all my life. Even when I moved away I found companies all over the nation provided health care! As the unions got destroyed and companies like toyata and other foreigners came to this country, this has changed things! You know why they don't provide health care? Because they are not set up for that! WTF! Why not? Because in their countries they ALL get health care from their government programs! Why is the USA the only major country on the planet with out it? Ask your insurence company! LOL! I haven't had health care in 9 years! the companies no longer provide it! I can't afford it! So if I get sick I go to the emergency room and let you all pay for it! Thanks so much for my FREE! Health care! tdemex
That is sad. Although I have healthcare insurance, It still come out of my pocket from my paycheck with less cost than market price out there. I would say that I am still lucky that I have healthcare insurance. I would rather go to checkup and use some of that money myself. Thanks for expressing your honest opinion here.
@tdemex (3547)
Wow that's simply not true! I install assembly lines in Mexico! It creates lots of jobs! You see in the USA we use lots of robots! Down here they use people instead of robots! Now that's job creation! tdemex
@tdemex (3547)
Let me see your next tantrum will be about losing American jobs! Well get with reality it's a global economy, time to think out of the box! The USA is no longer the center of the universe! I just hears that China is considering dumping some of the debt they bought to keep the USA a float, won't be long the Americans will be coming down here in Mexico looking for work, and Mexico will have to build a fence! tdemex