Is there any common sense left is this world?

@Trensue (5253)
I am so outraged I can't even explain how important I think this issue is and how ridiculous some of the response has been. Near Dillon Montana 120 (actually more, but in one day) sheep all rams were slaughter by a wolf pack. There was ONE that was eaten. The rest were ripped, torn, and bitten and left to die a tortured death. Those who believe that wolves kill only what they need to eat and kill in a humane manner are misinformed. There is a government compensation program to help with the cost. $350.00 per Ram. Some of you may be saying that's fair. When some of the rams are worth over $2000 and this wipes out the potential for an entire ban, I doubt fair is the word. The ranchers are walking on pins and needles. If they comment they are in jeopardy, if they keep quiet where will the wolves hit next? Read comments on line and people are saying they should know that living there is part of the risk. There were no wolves in area. These all stemmed from the ill-fated idea that wolves had to be reintroduced to Yellowstone Park. There are no fences to keep wolves in the park. The Judge in Montana that originally put the wolves up on the Endangered Species list is holding a hearing tomorrow where it is believed he will put them back on the list to prevent a hunt that MAY result in the kill of 75 wolves. I say introduce them to Central Park and see if the picture becomes more clear.
hi trensue oh my wolves are predators and they will decimate'a herd of sheep . those poor ranchers in Montana, that was a stupid move on the part of the Park to reintroduce wolves back into the park. at least they should have fenced it in so the wolves could not prey on the farmers expensive sheep that is just awful. i used to live in South Dakota. oh i would love to see a p;ack of wolves in Central Park wowee
@Trensue (5253)
thank you for at least reading the discussion. Last week while bow hunting a wolf came with in 20 yards - The bows were drawn and if the animal has approached it would have been shot - no question no matter what the fine.
@redhotpogo (4422)
there should be a hunt. anyone that says wolves are not predators is just stupid.
I'm an animal lover and still agree there needs to be a hunt .You are not doing the wolves any good letting this go on and who is to say that next time they won't attack a child playing in her back yard .
ditto. i understand trying to keep an endangered species protected, but how many are we talking in one area? they said they could lose 75 wolves from a hunt. That's alot of wolves for one area. That's not even close to endangered. They are harmful to other animals in the area, and something should be done. They should be rounded up, and moved, or there should be a hunt.
I had the pleasure of living in Montana about 20 year's ago. We had a big ranch. We also had Wolves in the area. Now I have to say that we lost a few cow's to the wolves, But I also watched them one day. What you are talking about would be impossible. It took a pack of 9 wolves 5 hour's to bring down a hefer. So for a pack of wolves to kill 120 Ram's would be impossible in 1 day. Simply because for #1 Ram's have huge horn's that they defend themselves with. This would make it hard for them to kill that many. By the sound of it someone is really making it look good, or they have a huge pack of wild dog's. Maybe 6 or 7 ram's I could understand in a day but 120. That's way over what a pack of wolves can kill in a day.
@Trensue (5253)
Where did you live in Montana 20 years ago? There were 8 wolves. I have seen a wolf take down a moose to the stage the animal could not move or survive in ten minutes. All rams do not have huge horns. Would you like a link to the report from the fish and game? Would you like the names of the people? Where again did you live in Montana?