Do you set any goal for your blog?

@scheng1 (24812)
Singapore
Some people have a specific goal in mind when they start their blogs. Some of these goals are related to making money from blogging. Some people set a goal of writing three to seven posts per week for their blogs. Some people do not have any specific goal for blogging. They blog when they have something to write. Some want their blogs to reach a high Google page rank. Some want their blogs to attract a few hundred readers per day. I want to enjoy blogging, and hope that most of the readers come from search engines. Beyond that, I dont have any goal for my two little blogs. What about you? Do you have any goal for blogging?
@lampar (7597)
Hi, Scheng1 i don't have a specify goal in my blog. I just write whenever i feel like doing it, i enjoy posting my opinion on stuffs happening in our world online and also like to read about other people views through their comments in my blog. I am not into making money as my goal when i first started blogging, it is still not my main goal now. May be i just do it for the fun and as a way to talk to myself while online...
@lampar (7597)
Scheng1, i don't mind gossipers inundated my blog with gossips so long they don't contain hate message or derogatory term on race or religion. I am particular concern about those haters using my blog to spread their hatred and ignorance thought then spoil all the fun i have by blogging and intended for the pleasure reading of readers. Other than that, i allow all comments, views or opinions are always welcome in my blog.
@Canellita (12058)
Right now I would say my goal for my blog would be that I would have more time to devote to it. I am sure it must be two months now since I last posted anything. I was working on something new when my computer went into a coma.
@Canellita (12058)
I often have ideas for blog posts when I am busy doing other things and then when I can get to my computer or even to a pen my mind has moved on and I can not recapture my thoughts :-(
@scheng1 (24812)
haha, that happens to all of us. Somehow the writing ideas go into hiding when they see the computer. I rewrite some articles posted in Helium for my blog, just to make it less formal, and get rid of the perfect grammar or whatever. My blog posts reflect all the bad grammar, but then it's more endearing because it's the way we talk here.
@ahgong (10066)
Hmm... I never really thought of much when I started my blogs. I just wanted to share the little knowledge that i gained from my experiences and setting up a blog is the best way to share that knowledge. Of course, being able to earn a little from the blogs is the icing on the cake. But given my experience, it is really chum change. I am always amazed at how some people can be making a living off their blogs. I sure hope that I am one of those people one day!
@ahgong (10066)
Same situation here lah. I hope I can really pick up my writing soon. Than pray that the search engine will sayang my blogs too!
@cripfemme (7718)
Not as far as money is concerned, but I always get happy when a particular post ha over 100 viewers because I figure that's a significant number.
@scheng1 (24812)
Hi Cripfemme, that's a great motivator. I have never had a blog post with more than a hundred viewers, even though some of my articles in Associated Content do have more than five hundred viewers. I guess I have to work harder on my blog, to fill up with contents, and just let things be.
I think all bloggers should have a goal, and my goal is inspire my readers since my posts are about parenting and some tips on how to blog. Although of course, making money is also my goal I think that we should consider being useful first and doing the one that you love. Thanks!
@scheng1 (24812)
Hi Fatherblogger, I'm sure you have no problem making money from your blog since you are able to put readers first. I dont really think about my readers, as I blog for personal satisfaction. Sometimes I read something in the newspaper or books, and that inspire a couple of blog posts. Sometimes I just want to blog about my thoughts and daily activities. Anyway I enjoy blogging, and I think I can blog for another few years without suffering burnout from blogging.
@srikandi19 (3393)
• Kuta, Indonesia
Yup .. I want get a lot of money through blogging, I want be professional blogger. Mow, I studying hard to get more information hot to do it, I like browsing to searching more information about blogging and how to monetize blog. then I do the info in my blog, hopefully my goal be success not a long time
@iakulchen (615)
Two blogs with two different goals here. One is my personal blog. I blog just to let friends know what is going on with my life, what I have been busy with etc The other is my freelance writing blog. I mainly use it to post updates that I have made to the list of freelance writing sites I maintain. The list gets longer and longer as time goes by, and while in the beginning I could include long descriptions to the links for every site, I think that doing so now kind of makes the list a tad clunky. So, now I'm trying to keep the descriptions short and link to my blog where I post longer descriptions and reviews.
@scheng1 (24812)
Hi Iakulchen, once I encouraged an Indian Chief Engineer to start a family blog, since he's working in Singapore, and his wife and children were back in India. I suggest a family blog for him and his family to upload pictures, share about daily activities. He was quite keen. I think personal blog or family blog is good for keeping in touch. I gain some ideas from reading your blog and Raven's blog on freelance writings.