How long is your lunch break at work?

How long do you get for lunch at work? Right now I am working a temp job and get an hour break. It's nice to have an hour, but I would rather get only half hour because then I wouldn't have enough time to drive home and waste gas!! I work 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. I usually get my break at 11:30 am. How long is your break? Is it long enough to drive home? Please share your thoughts, opinions, experiences, yadda yadda!!
@roberten (3131)
I do not have a scheduled break nor lunch, but my employers are very flexible and operate the business in a family-type atmosphere that is loose but not goosey. I eat whenever I get a chance, and rest on the couch whenever it gets slow. My office is very comfortable, and I am eternally thankful for the comforts afforded me by my boss. All-in-all I am a fairly happy camper regardless of having no organized breaks or lunch.
Sounds like a nice place! : )
I work 8-4:30PM Monday through Friday. My break is only a half hour. This week my break is at 12:00 PM. My break was the same time last week but the weeks previously it was actually earlier but time constraints and scheduling has made it difficult to get my break earlier in the day. I probably could drive home during my break but I realize it's not wise too. With traffic during the middle of the day, it's just not possible to get home, eat and get back in 30 minutes. I barely can get out of my classroom to break during the day. It's quite hard.
Yeah a half hour is not enough time to drive home. Even if you do live close by, by the time you drive to home then back to work, you only will have a few minutes to eat and relax in between.
i have had some jobs give us 15 minutes and then some jobs give an hour and man its hard to get used to the hour after being used to only having 15 minutes.. its like hmmm what to do?!?!
Hello my friend Bethany1202 Ji, After my marraige, I have been house-wife only and never faced such issue. But before that I was a teacher at the school, and lived on top floor of the school, accomaodation provided by the school. So we would just get 30 minutes, I will rish to my room, have wash and take something, which I had cooked befor leaving for school in the morning an drush back. A working lady ha sto compromise on many fronts. May God bless You and have great time.
@CRSunrise (2964)
I technically don't get a break. I just eat when I can. My job is delivering pizzas, so I can eat while I'm en route to bringing people their own foods.
I am student teaching at an elemntary school and we have 20 minutes. The kids have thirty minutes to get their lunch , eat, and then line up to go back to class, but as the teacher we must be back 10 munites before their lunch is over to ensure that they get all that needs to be done taken care of and then be back in the classroom on time.
I'm a stay at home dad so my lunch break lasts for hours! Just kidding, I've worked in the corporate world before and most of the time is was an hour. I've also worked for places where it was 30 minutes but nobody ever stayed under that time. I used to work through lunch because it was easier than cramming food down my throat.
@smart44 (511)
same as you i have also an hour break i use it to eat lunch and to nap for a while until 1 pm. I never get home during lunch break since our house is too far from where I am working. So i need to pack lunch and also buy from our canteen if i didnt bring some for lunch.
@coolcat123 (4392)
its 20 minutes break where we have our lunch with some gossip too which adds the flavour to life.