"Screened out" (surveys)

@Wizzywig (7859)
I'm used to being screened out for being too old or not having a high enough income but I've just been screened out of an online survey because I buy toilet paper in Asda!! Well, that's what seemed to trigger the "you do not fit the required profile". What usually gets you screened out?
@James72 (26832)
I've been a member of an Australian survey site for about 5 years now and nine times out of 10 it's my profession that gets me booted. Working in marketing isn't such a good thing when it comes to opinions on products and services apparently?
@James72 (26832)
Congratulations! You're only 437 steps away from becoming an instant millionaire!
@Wizzywig (7859)
You MAY have already won UP TO.... aka... you are a sad loser and have won f*ck all - we, on the other hand have stitched you up and ripped you off to get you to pay JUST £32 for a book that you never thought you needed... & you were right! haha we win!
@James72 (26832)
The sad thing here is that I actually enjoy a Readers Digest! The money's just a bonus. Jeez, it's been so long since I've even seen one? Maybe they can't afford to print them anymore because they're giving away so much money? "Take sticker B, G, or F and place it in a circle of your choice to quadruple your winning chances! (Only one of the 47 circles provided is actually the quadruple chance circle and Readers Digest reserve the right to decide what circle it is and may use any defining factors they deem fit)"
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
They get Me when I put Tesco's in And they take their sweet time about screening you out too,don't they? There must be some particular demographics they're looking for in some of these...I don't have kids...so I don't need to give them my location,Age,Gender,income,and work status,then find out they want to interview parents of 6 Year olds! let ME screen myself out if it's not intended for Me,can't Ya? I screened out of one this afternoon as I didn't have investments or stocks totaling 50k or More..if I had Investments of 50k,do they think I'd be doing piddling surveys for maybe £1 worth of points towards an Amazon Voucher? And some are so badly structured..they'll ask for Your DOB on one screen,and on the next they'll ask what age you are?!
@Wizzywig (7859)
Or they ask which age group you're in and then ask your exact age... why not just ask that in the first place?? Good point about the 50k investment... same goes for those high income brackets they include!
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
The other one is how far up the Management ladder You are (or aren't,as the case may be..)..If You're not an IT consultant/Director with at least 100 employees working for You,they don't want to know You!
@Wizzywig (7859)
Why dont they just match the surveys to the profiles... it cant be that difficult. There are always a load of questions when you sign up that give the information as to whether you're over a certain age or under a certain income level. Maybe that's why I got the never-ending ketchup one the other day. In the comments box, I said it was the most boring repetitive survey I'd ever done! (I've been screened out for shopping at Asda again today)
@mommaj (22711)
HAHAHA. Was it a survey on toilet paper? LOL I get screened out just because. Usually by the tenth or eleventh question I get screened out and I sit there wondering why on earth they asked so many questions just to tell me I didn't qualify. Maybe they figure you buy expensive toilet paper so you don't need the money from their survey. LOL
@Wizzywig (7859)
I reckon it was more likely that they thought I bought own brand so couldn't afford whatever their sponsors were wanting to know about! Yes, I hate it when you get 75% of the way through and they tell you that you dont fit their profile! Why cant they just ask the really relevant stuff first...
@mommaj (22711)
I honestly think they do throw some of the relevant stuff in at the beginning of the survey and just finish it up saying "you don't fit the profile we are looking for, thanks." That way they don't have to pay you but they get the info they need.
@Wizzywig (7859)
Yes, I'm sure that's the plan!!
@Eisenherz (2912)
• Portugal
Well, the thing that gets me screened out the most is definitly my country not being available at some of these sites. It's quite annoying and limitative. I never had problems with income or personal things however.
@Wizzywig (7859)
You'd think that they'd see your country from your profile and not send invitations to those surveys which weren't available to you. Far too obvious I guess
@Eisenherz (2912)
• Portugal
Well, what I meant is that I try to apply to this websites, fill an in the little details just to find out that they aren't paying off people from my country. And I'm not even in one of those obscure 3rd world countries...it's just that those paying off well are usually only offering for english native speaking countries. Get it now, smartass?
@Wizzywig (7859)
I wasn't being a smartass... I was just meaning that, even when a site has your profile, they still send out inappropriate surveys to you. I was criticising the survey site, not you.
@UK_Shree (3604)
Lol, I really get frustrated too. Being screened out after you have answered more than 10 answers is what irritates me the most though because sometimes I really feel like they get most of the info they want and they just decide to tell you you don't qualify and sometimes it really feels they do that because they don't want to pay up.
@UK_Shree (3604)
Lol, they do need to introduce that box don't they