How long does it take you to finish a novel.....

@CRIVAS (1820)
Before I had my children, I found that I was reading a novel a day. I am not talking about thin books either, the books that I like to read are usually 200 or more pages. Now that I have 2 children I haven't been reading as much, it now takes me a couple of days to a week to finish just one book. I find that there are just too many things to do in a day for to spend my free time reading. So what about you? How long does it take you to finish a book? What are some of the reasons that you think it takes that amount of time? What are some of your favorite books? What is your favorite genre?
This really depends on how good the book is that I'm reading. If it's such a good book that I can hardly put it down then it may take me a week or less! I love reading horror books mostly and Stephen King is my favourite author. I just love the way some of these authors are so creative with their descriptions and this definitely makes for a good book. If a book starts off well and I am interested and then it suddenly becomes boring or too laborious then I will generally give it up and choose another book to read. Andrew
If the plot is really good, I can finish it in one day.
@dodo19 (32869)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really depends on the novel. I don't think that I've ever read a novel in a day, unless it was one of those extremely thin novels or books. It normally takes me a week to a couple of weeks. Sometimes, it might take a little longer. It just depends on the book and the amount of time that I can actually spend reading it.
@mohitseth (568)
i take atleast one day to finish a novel. but maximum of 2 days to finish a novel.
@elenyae (390)
Now that I'm in uni, I have next to no time to read. Because I live on campus, I don't even have public transport time in which to indulge. I can knock down 100 pages or so in one sitting, but those sittings are few and far between. I'm reading Gone with the Wind at the moment which is a hefty 1000+ pages in my edition. I'm barely a tenth of the way through. :(
@emilie2300 (1892)
Yeah me also before I had children it was a lot easier to finish a novel. It is much harder now. Before I was done in less than a week. Now it takes me almost several weeks to finish a novel. I enjoy reading alot. It just harder when we have children.
@dreamr802 (987)
I can usually finish a novel in a day or 2, depends on how much time I have to read that day. I love reading and I usually can't put the book down. I love just about any genre...I have too many books to count and I am running out of room.
@jambi462 (4598)
IT all kind of depends on what kind of book I'm reading. When it's a nonfiction novel I tend to take notes on the topic I'm researching so it will help me remember those important things and so I can go back and read them too.
i can finish a novel in less than 24 hours. i was able to finish the harry potter and the order of the phoenix in one day. no breaks except to pee, eat or take a bath.