We have had a paid day - did it work

@Trensue (5247)
So now we have had a pay day under the new system and it has time to settle down some. Are you finding that you are making more, less or about the same? Do you have a new strategy for writing now? Are you hitting those empty titles more?
@mommaj (22711)
Is this the point where I snarl and growl? LOL I can't see a difference, but then I don't write on Helium much. I found I don't even like Marketplace because now you have to have credentials and then you get a badge to write. If they are looking for personal experience, okay maybe I can see that. What if someone is a true writer who also does a little research to include. Usually professionals aren't spending their free time writing anyway. Who's bad idea was that? I realize the quality of writing was supposed to improve, but did it? I wrote to a lot of empty titles and didn't get a friggin cent for my efforts. I am making over $60 a week with AC for three articles a day. What the heck do I waste my time with Helium for? I was hoping to get some money off of both sites. If $1 a month is money then, I am really ranking with Helium. LOL Sorry, I had to rant.
@Trensue (5247)
Ranting is no problem at all. I have been trying to figure out AC and I am having a tough time. I am clearly doing something wrong. Send me a link to some of your stuff and give me some advice because in over a year I have made $8.00. I have not really focused till lately - but I need all the advice I can get.
@mommaj (22711)
What are you interested in? I noticed your style of writing is like that of Skydanzer. I have articles on all kinds of stuff from automotive to fashion. I also write parenting, lifestyle and entertainment articles.
@AnythngArt (3305)
I did better this month, but I think because this is the first month that I had 3 writing stars and 5 rating stars. Also, I didn't make cash out last month, so that money (about $20) was carried over as well. I guess I will have to see how September fares to really have an idea. How did you do? Better? I am trying to write to more empty titles and suggesting more titles than before, but I never wrote to those that had hundreds of responses. I tend to like the niche stuff anyway.
@Trensue (5247)
I keep trying to find a niche and it is clear I am all over the map. I don't have one!
@mommaj (22711)
Trensue, you are so funny. Reading your articles, you are definitely lifestyle and some how-to in other areas. I think your niche is lifestyle. I thought you were doing well on Helium. My humble opinion, I like your stuff, but you have to like it. I keep hearing everyone has a special niche. You have seen my writing, I am all over the board too. I have settled mostly into lifestyle now. Lifestyle has such a broad range of topics. It's good to stray from time to time so you don't get bored writing one thing. Besides, if you are only known for one type of article, you may miss a paying opportunity of something you would have liked to write about. Anything, I didn't realize you were on Helium too. Do you do better there or ac? What do you go by on Helium if you don't mind me asking. I think that's really good you have writing stars. I can't seem to keep one. LOL
I do write all over the board myself, but what I like to write about is travel and art. What sorts of things do you prefer writing about?
@mrtimharry (1180)
Made roughly the same amount in August as I did in July about $220 but this is certainly a lot more than at the start of the year. I am trying to write half my articles to comepetitive one and half to empty titles and set myself a target of sixty articles a month. Will though need to leap frog some articles in the next few weeks and writings score has dropped in recent months from 94.5% down to 91%