Poland takes gay man's side against neighbor

@cripfemme (7714)
In poland, a gay man won a lawsuit again one of his homophobic neighbors. The women who had been yelling rude remarks for six months had to pay 15,000 zloty (about 5,000 US). Article here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8189324.stm. What do you think of this? Part of me is happy. Part of me feels "Oh, no, thought police."
@twoey68 (13651)
Well, having read the article, I can see two sides to this. While it is rude and hateful to call ppl derogatory names like that and I don't condone it all, homosexuals have to realize that not everyone agrees with that lifestyle and some don't want it living right next door to them. Neither sides rights are any more important than the other sides rights. The homosexuals have a right to live without verbal abuse but straight ppl also have the right to not have to tolerate something they don't agree with. I did notice in the article that although he sued the woman for verbal abuse, it also states that ppl threw tomatoes and stones at them and called them names...why didn't he sue them as well? Perhaps this isn't the best area to live if your going to live that lifestyle. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@cripfemme (7714)
I assumed (although I don't know) that she lived closest to him and he felt justifiably that she was the biggest threat to go beyond verbal abuse towards physically injuring him. Other people who call you names that live far away from you are not worth the time to sue. However, the person who lives next door is a different issue because they could go from being a bigot to swinging a baseball bat and you don't want to end up like Matthew Shepard.
This is fantstic!I am so happy! There is a difference between freedom of speech and harassment.This was harassment.Poland? All this means is people all over the world are getting it. This is great.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi cripfemme, If the woman was one to mind her own business, she would not have gotten into trouble. I'm pleased to see Poland's justice system do the right thing. We all have a right to live as we please as long as we do not hurt another. Too bad this woman didn't understand that. Blessings.