Using your kids for exuses,

@missybear (11396)
Some people really abuse the system by calling in to work saying "My kid is sick, I don't have a baby sitter, my son has a doctors appointment and so on"On woman at my work uses that excuse just about once a week. She has a 19 year old, a 12 year old and a 4 year old, on top of that the 19 year old has a 2 year old so there's plenty of kids to go around. I need some kids . When I call of work which I haven't done in almost 2 years I need a doctors excuse so why don't they have to never bring proof that there kid was sick. I don't think it's fair, maybe I'm just jealous . What do you think?
This is a flaw in the system. But then family is always given priority by almost all companies. This leverage is given on a trust basis only. But many people misuse it. Sometimes its out of an urgent situation which they can't share with their superiors and sometimes its just for fun. Apart from the traditional reasons, companies don't really prefer to look for proofs because of an overhead. They can't have another department or person allocated for just this purpose. People usually are overloaded with their employee responsibilities let alone their family responsibilities too. The system is working fine so far with some obvious exceptions. I guess that can be ignored as a side-effect.
@missybear (11396)
Thanks for sharing. It still upsets me when others have to do her work when she's having fun 8 out of 10 times she calls in.
@robert19ph (4586)
hello missybear, you can never understand the situation unless you are into it. having a family is not really easy especially when your kids are still small. but regardless of their age if you don't have companion around to take care of them really is a big responsibility. it's not that using the kids for excuses for that is really the truth and fact. have to take care of them. bringing and fetching them is school. helping them with their homeworks, projects, review them when they have exams, quizzes. these are only some of our responsibilities to them. if they are sick, need to bring them to the doctor and the likes. it's really hard to bring up kids but seeing our family safe and sound make us happy and proud.
@missybear (11396)
You probably have a good point. Since I don't have kids I don't have all the responsibilities that come with it and of course you have to take care of your family. But her kids are not sick every time she calls in, I have seen her out shopping when her kids were supposed to be sick and that's what upsets me
Yes, you are right. That's a different situation. But maybe the child did get better and she was able to bring her to shop. .
@aseretdd (13712)
Having two toddlers at home can be very demanding for a mother who has a full time job... i have a 3 year old at home... and everytime she is sick... i can't really go to work because i need to take care of her... we mothers don't usually bring our kids to the doctor... only when we feel that there is a need for that... It is also quite difficult to bring proof that there is a sick child in the house... it would be nice to bring some puke or smelly clothes or even medicine... I myself think that is not fair... nor fair for the working mother of course... there should be a sick daughter or son leave for the likes of us...
@missybear (11396)
There is "Family Leave" you can have up to 3 month of. Without pay of course.
@aseretdd (13712)
There is no such thing here in my country... we have the usual maternity and paternity leaves... and that's it...
@rosepedal64 (4192)
Hello missybear..How are you this fine day? I think that people that use their kids for an excuse to call of work will come back and bite them. I believe in what goes around comes around. I would never and haven't used a child for a excuse to call off it it wasn't true. I say that her employer knows that kids get sick and don't always need to go to the doctor,but us adults wait until we are so sick to go to the doctor. Jealous, I wouldn't say that you are jealous just curious.. Have a good day missybear...
@missybear (11396)
Thanks for your quick response and I totally agree with you, what comes around goes around
@missybear (11396)
Thanks for your quick response and I'm totally agreeing with you. What comes around goes around
@shimanaja (495)
Hi there mylotter, No i dont want to use my kids for excuses, unless my kids are really sick which mean i am not lie about my excuse, cause when my kids was sick, they really really need me. I think all of that are up to each individuals,using kids for excuses too often just shows our selfish. I understand as a worker and as a mother, has to arrange all of time balanced. Provided that could put the right time. Good Luck..Happy mylotting
@missybear (11396)
Thank you for your nice response and keep on being you.
@cupkitties (6689)
That would explain a lot. I remember some time ago a co-worker friend getting a phone call about her son being in the hospital with a very dangerous fever and the supervisors were not going to let her leave to go to him. She was a good employee and not one of those that calls in sick to work from the lazy virus. I bet its all due to those kind of people who are.
@missybear (11396)
Could very well be but I can't believe they didn't let her leave.
@Sissygrl (10999)
Hi missy, I feel your pain.. same as smokers, they get smoke breaks!! while what do people who dont smoke get ? oh your care about your health and the health of others around you so... NO BREAKS FOR YOU!! I have kids, but i dont use excuses (yet anyways) that aren't true.. i dont work other then babysit 3 days a week either though.. (in the sense of a job with monetary value) When i worked before my second daughter was born, i called into work once.. cause she had a fever and a rash and i had to take her to doctors.. That lady must be stressed to have so many kids of so many ages.. haha. just think.. she may get more time off work then you do.. but she sure doesn't get to relax when she goes home!!
@missybear (11396)
Once in a while I can understand but she's over doing it. You right I rather be at work than watch all the kids.
@EliteUser (3971)
Hey, Yea actually I have a school teacher that has a small daughter, and he sometimes doesn't turn up to school saying that he has a sick daughter, and he has to stay home and look after her, yea it isn't fair especially because the teacher gets paid. Make sure you have a good day, God bless and Happy Lotting!!
@missybear (11396)
I guess everybody does it. I wish I had some kids
@prinzcy (5086)
She might be lying and she might not. I have lots married colleagues. They have kids and love to use them as a reason not to do their work. But if her kid is sick, then she provide proof telling her kid really is sick. It's not fair to call in and get a leave just like that.
@missybear (11396)
If they have proof then it's all good
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Once a week and she still has a job? Seems to me, if you need a doctor's note for your illnesses, you should need one for sick children also. Not fair. I can work from home myself, so I don't have to call in sick if I have a sick child. My husband also can split the time with me and my mother-in-law is often available to watch them.
@missybear (11396)
That's great, I know for a fact that half the time she just don't wanna work
@twoey68 (13662)
Some ppl do that. I think if it happens more than once or twice then they should have to bring in a doctors note as well. After all, if their kid is that sick then they should be seeing a doctor. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@missybear (11396)
Some people and there kids
I dont think its right to use your kids as an excuse when people do it all the time no one wants to believe them when something really does happen to their kid not to mention that it makes the kids think that its ok to lie
@missybear (11396)
You have a good point there