what would u do if u discover ur chatmate to have domestic violence cases?

he was truthful to admit, after a year of chatting and "skypeing" almost everyday, that he was found guilty of domestic violence years ago. he admitted being sorry having done that as he says, it really did damage to him. he told me about how he committed such a felony. his honesty made me trust him. i told him my appreciation for telling me and told him that i really dislike being lied to. lately, however, i stumble upon lies and lies and we parted ways. that was it and confronted him about it. to make story short, we are no longer communicating since then. dishonesty is really a big thing for me.. what do u think? pls give me ur piece of mind. thanks
i would still chat with him and i guess i would ask him if the news is really true. and if its true i would still chat with him. And i would give him some advices it's up to him if he will follow or not.
it should be true as he could not be making up things to make himself bad in the eyes of others. he was the one who told me. the first domestic violence case was annotated in the records of the court and i found a way to browse on that. the second beating case (i don't know if this was only the 2nd or so many more followed through), he told me about it because he was pushed to the edge when we were discussing things. he is just not determined to "reform" ... of course, he received good advices not just from myself but from his mother too. he told me that. i deem it useless to chat with him again as it is just a waste of time as i see that i am not going into a "good" relationship.
@erikmama (12931)
Just coming out of a violent relationship, I can say that most of the time they do not change. But I also believe that things happen ,and this might be one of those cases! But if you are catching lies and any type of sighns he is till vioent RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can!
well, he actually told me so... things sometimes happen. but, he did it again, beat another woman he came to know on a personal basis for 7 years already. it is no wonder that he does not have a permanent relationship, him being 56 already and still single. these type of men don't change ... i agree with u.
@silverglint (2001)
I think you did the right thing. I don't see the point of maintaining friendship with someone who is not truthful, meaning he can't be trusted at all. Any relationship involves trust and if there is not trust then that relationship will simply end. If he was able to easily lie to you about small things then who knows what else he could be hiding from you. We have to be more careful with the people we chat with and reveal personal information to. We are not fully assured if the person on the other side is just as honest as you are.
he did hide a lot of things. i always find ways to "catch a thief" if i sense something is not right and i did find out that he had so many women friends and again, was involved in another beating case, although this did not reach the court this time.