Is It The Same When We Get Older?

@erikmama (12935)
My birthday is Tuesday!! I will be 29 years old!! It feels like my birthday but not the same as when I was younger. Do you still get excited about your birthday? Do you have a party or go out? Do you expect gifts?
@maryihla (104)
I'll be 64 on my next birthday, so excitement will probably not describe my mood. And since I was born on December 25th, I always shared my birthday with someone a bit more famous. When I was a child, everyone felt sorry for me having my birthday on Christmas Day. Consequently, I received many more gifts than I would have if I had been born at another time of year. Our family celebrated on Christmas Eve, so after the stockings were emptied on Christmas morning, the rest of the day was sort of a letdown for the children. But, I always had my birthday cake and presents to look forward to. All my birthday parties were restricted to family members, and I couldn't go out and celebrate on my 21st birthday because all the bars were closed. But, when someone checks my identification, they generally make some comment about my being a Christmas baby. Even after all these years, perhaps it's the date that makes my birthday still feel special.
@maryihla (104)
By the way, Happy Birthday!
@erikmama (12935)
Aww, a Christmas baby!! Yes, I use to date a guy who was born on 12-24 and he hated it too. But I think it is very special to share a birthday with Him!!Thanks for responding!
I had my birthday at the begining of August. I turned 26 and to be honest it was a good birthday. I try to go all out for birthdays to be honest. Like I had a huge tea party for my oldest daughter at the end of July. I really had a lot of fun and so did she. Anyway I do party a little bit but I only get a few gifts from people that really love me:) Take care and happy birthday to you! :)
@erikmama (12935)
Happy belated birthday! i am gald even at 26 you are still able to enjoy your special day.
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
No its not at all more exciting now than when I was younger. Once you reach your fifty's its not a big deal anymore. I think my last birthday that I really enjoyed was when I turned fourty. Otherwise I don't expect anything. My kids will bake a cake for me and I will get cards. To me its just another day.
@erikmama (12935)
i will be 29 and dont find it exciting now! Thanks for your response!
Wow, happy birthday to you and it appears to me that you are excited about it. On my next birthday, which is on January, i will turn 21 already. I am excited because i know that our family will celebrate it and have dinner outside. Even if it's not the best place in town, what's more important would be the completeness of the family or loved ones. Sometimes i have it both. Party at the house or eat outside *it will all depend on the budget*. So, once again, happy birthday to you.