Long. Long Ago

@erikmama (12934)
I know you wil have to think back on this one, but before the internet came along, what did you do to occupy your time?
@mzz663 (2776)
I read a lot of books, I haven't actually opened a book to read for enjoyment in at least ten years. I wrote a lot of letters to relatives, friends, pen pals and always was waiting for the mailman to go by waiting and all excited, hoping that I would get a letter back from someone. I watched tv, not a lot but more than I do now. If I watch tv now, it's because someone else left it on in the livingroom and I don't want to look for the remote to turn it off. lol
@erikmama (12934)
I don't think people read books anymore! Since I do not have a ciomputer i still have to do all of the old fashioned things, but it is ok. Too much internet is no good! I am not a huge tv fan. Never seems anything good is on!
@UnnatV (129)
I used to play TV Games or Video Games a lot! My other interests were watching TV Programs, Cartoons or playing cricket! I studied school lessons. I have never read novels or such stuff!
@erikmama (12934)
TV is still fgood now and again! Sometimes you need a break from the "net!
@EliteUser (3971)
Hey, Well I was only small when I didn't have the Internet, so back then I would just play with my toys and things like that. I would also be interested in playing basketball, and I was only in primary school back then. Make sure you have a good day, God bless and Happy Lotting!!
@erikmama (12934)
Its vbeen a short time since I have had the Internet. I was missing so much! But it is bvery addictive!! Ahh,the joy days of playing with dolls and my other toys...
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
I started using the internet when I was in my early 20's, and before that time I spent my time on many other things. I had many penfriends, and I corresponded with people from China, Japan, Thailand, India, Ghana, Morroco, South Africa, Brazil, Costa Rica, Australia, Italy, Greece, Finland and Germany. I wrote a lot of snail mail letters at that time, and I was really happy when I received a letter from one of my penfriends. I also read a lot of books, and I borrowed many books at the library. I still love to read, but I don't read as many books as I used to, because I tend to spend the time on the internet instead
@erikmama (12934)
I use to pen-pal,too! It was so much fun! I really loved to write, and I met some really cool and interesting people from around the world. To me it was so much more fun than the social networkoing on the internet.Wish we were still doing it! Guress it is cheaper this way yoo though! Reading is great.I get in moods I will read book after book then wont red again for a year, but I do enjoy it. It is worse since the Internet though!
@angryeve (705)
Wow, pretty good question since I spend my whole day on the internet nowadays. Well before I got really hooked up on the net, I was actually busy with my all-girl-band when I was in college. I spent most of my time going to gigs, having jam session and pretty much just partying. haha I could say that it was one of the best moments I had. I don't party anymore like I used to, but that's okay since I already had experience having so much fun with friends. =)
@erikmama (12934)
Heh! I find myself on the Internet a lot,too,but most of the time I am working. An all girl band?? That is pretty cool!! What did you do in the band? I am sure that was a lot of fun and something great to talk about now a days!! We all went through the party stage I think... The Internet has taken us over thouh!
@arthi_88 (1518)
Well as far as I remember internet has always been there as long as I have been here!!!lol..but neither before nor now internet was my way to pass time..i just use as one of the ways to keep in contact with distant friends, communicate and some extra pocket money..Reading books is what have always helped me to kill time and I do it till now..Presently I am reading war based book..Look forward to other replies!have a nice day!
@erikmama (12934)
i always look forward to replies to my discuiions! You must be young...
@russso (1701)
I was still a little girl when we didn't have the internet so I had a lot to do with my free time -- mostly playing and playing and playing with friends & playmates. I also in school most of the time. And when I'm home, kids aren't really allowed to stay up late.Ü
@erikmama (12934)
It is good to find other things to do other than internet. It is so addicting though!
@elenyae (390)
I'm trying to think whether I was actually born when the internet didn't exist. As far as I'm aware, for all of my conscious life, I've had the internet or the computer to entertain me. But before I became really addicted to the net as it expanded and became more entertaining, I used to read a lot more than I do nowadays.
Before the internet and before we could afford to get a computer I was a teenager. So time was spent going to school, during the summer I babysat to make extra money and the rest of the time was spent hanging with friends. Even when we did get a computer and the internet I would mostly use it at night after I had to be in the house.
@aeadams (126)
The time before we had an internet connection. It was'nt so boring. I was a kid then so, I read some books, I go out with my friends, I go to the mall with my family, and I draw and paint. Some stuff like that occupied most of my time, but of course when its so boring, I just go to sleep early specially on weekends.