is the world getting too small?

@jb78000 (15173)
i just came across a news article about a lost world, well a lost crater, populated by strange animals including fanged frogs http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/sep/07/discovery-species-papua-new-guinea the reason that this is news is because it happens so rarely. people can get to any other part of the world within a day or two and with the internet you can see what is going on practically everywhere. do you think this is all positive or do you think it is making the world appear too small and homogenous?
@sutent (1061)
Hi jb, Very a good discussion. The world do be getting too small. With the mordern transportation or internet, you can go anywere or comunicate with others easily. Take for example. Without internet, can you imagine you and me can comunicate with each others and exchange our experience. That would be impossible. Is it positive? I am not so sure of it, as it brings us advantages as well as disadvantages. But i tend to consider that it bring positive effluence on us. At least, it realizes some dreams, such as fly, long-distance communication.
@jb78000 (15173)
i agree there's positive and negative things to be said about it. speaking personally the ability to communicate worldwide is great, especially if you have friends or family in different countries.
@sutent (1061)
Hi jb, Many thanks for giving BR to my response.
@maximax8 (28284)
I have been able to visit about 50 different countries in my lifetime so far due to being able to travel on planes. It is a shame that some places have been ruined with over development like Waikiki Beach in Hawaii and the Gold Coast in Australia. In 2002 I went to Samoa in the South Pacific. It has been the most undeveloped place I have been to with a fascinating culture. I feel sorry for any wildlife that had been lost or hurt due to development. I love the Internet. It is a shame most parts of the world has been discovered already.
@jb78000 (15173)
development can be very destructive, as can tourism if not done responsibly. anyway, 50 countries - wow. what was the culture in samoa like?