Annoying relatives

@rg0205 (2638)
Hong Kong
I have this cousin (distance relative) her Mom is my Mom's 2nd degree cousin so my Mom says the woman is my cousin. Let's call her "Rose". Rose comes to our home every Sunday since I returned to Hong Kong. She is LOUD and comes very early even if we are still sleeping. It's annoying. She watches tv, listens to music loudly but my Mother and Father are too nice so they let her. In addition to this, sometimes I feel very annoyed because Sundays are supposed to be family day and she doesnt have the courtesy to just leave me and my family (Mom and Dad) alone to spend the day. One time we were out shopping after church, she was with us. She wanted to go sh*t in the house, so my Mom gave her our house keys but no, she didn't want to go alone. She dragged me back with her when I was enjoying the afternoon with my mother. I was pissed but being the respectful person that I am, I just held my tongue. She also invites her friends over without prior consent. Apart from this, she doesnt ASK if she can sleep over. She just tells my Mom "I'm coming over to sleep there." I was very pissed so I talked to my Mom about this and so she finally said "If you dont mind sleeping on the floor." Why? Because she wanted to sleep with ME in MY ROOM and didn't even ask. And okay, I dont like sleeping with anyone unless it's my special someone. Whats more is, she has bad smelling feet so I dont want her sleeping in my bed. Yes, it smells horrible! She's also weird in the sense that she likes to talk about her body odor (her armpit smells if she doesnt use a certain type of deodorant and her feeet smell, too). She also talks about how much she sh*ts. Okay, it is a normal thing we all do but does everyone need to hear about it? Before she goes to do it, she has to SAY IT OUT LOUD! I dont like her very much because she doesnt seem to know where her limits are. Yes, we let her come to our home but that doesnt mean that she has the same rights as we do in our own home. A couple of weeks ago, my special someone's family arrived in Hong Kong and I invited them to my family's home (where my parents live and where I stay when I am in HK). She was there and she acted as if she was the owner of the house. I was so mad when I left, I did not say a word to her. She probably noticed. Why wouldn't I be pissed? She raised her voice at them in an arrogant manner, even if it was just "conversation". Out of respect for my Mom, I try my best not to be rude but I cant stand her so these days I avoid her just so I dont lose my temper. Can anyone out there relate to annoying relatives and similar stories?
rg, I can see how that would be annoying and she definitely has some problems. But I would probably do the same thing, not say much just put up with it. We're just too nice! It sounds like she was not taught good manners when she was a child. And you are right, she doesn't seem to care about anyone but herself and you and the family have to slowly put some limits on her behavior. I'm glad your mom didn't give in to her wanting to sleep in your bed. Sorry you all have to deal with this. by the say, is 0205 your birthday? I have a sixteen year old daughter who has the same birthday. But some people do their dates with the day first and then the month. just curious.
@rg0205 (2638)
Hi and thanks for the comment! Hope your day is going well so far!I value my privacy and the thing is, I havent seen my Mom and Dad for at least a year because of my work engagements. I was even working through Christmas and New Years! Thats the reason why I value my time with my folks. I had been gone traveling for quite a while. Yes, sometimes I think we may be too nice but I think you can probably agree with me when I say that it's for the sake of "peace" and I think it's also because you're also not the confrontational type either. 0205 stands for my anniversary date. Actually, the date to be precise is on the 2nd Feb 2005. I just shortened it to 0205. :-) Wow, a sixteen year old daughter? Suddenly I felt like being 16 was ages ago! Heheh!I hope you and your family is doing great. Raising a teenager can be a ride sometimes. I'm not a mother myself but I definitely gave my Mom headaches when I was younger. Well, actually I still do but I try to keep it minimal. Thank you for responding:-)