Do You Do This

@erikmama (12929)
When I try to call my kids I usually call them by the wrong names...I call the 10 year old by his brothers name and vice versa. My mother was trying to name her cousin today and went through a list of names before spitting out the right one! Do you eveber do this?
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
Oh let me tell you I don't know anyone who hasn't done this. I just did it the other day and went thru so many names it was the funniest. My girls are grown and I still do it. My mom use to do it. If she was calling me she would call my other 4 sibiling before getting to my name.
@erikmama (12929)
I seem to do it all of the time!! Maybe its old age catching up with me!! LOL! Thanks for responding!
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
Old age catching up to you at 29 years old. No I'm 52 old age is catching up to me.
Are you kidding?? I do this everyday! I have five kids so I usually have to go through two or three before I get it right. I have found though that I only mix up the same gender child. Talking to a boy, I only call the other boys name. Or mixing up the girls' names. I have two boys and two girls at home. The oldest is mostly out on his own now. And the kids wait to respond until they know for sure it is them getting yelled at, that's how used to it they are!
@erikmama (12929)
HAHAHAHAHA!! Thats funny!! Wow 5 kids?!?! You have every right to mix up their names!! I am glad I am not alone in this. I only have 2 kids but seem to do it all the time!
My mother does this a lot. She gave me and my brother names both beginning with a "V" and she always mix our names up. It is not so fun being called a boy's name
@erikmama (12929)
Good I dont feel so alone now! bad thing is my kids names dont start with the same letter!! WHen the little one isnt withthe big one, I have no problem it is when they are together I do it! Thanks for your response!
@twooten (64)
girlfriend i do it all the time. I have two sons. my oldest is 20 and the other will be 18 in november. the youngest is our little comedian. He wants to be a high school coach. I believe comedy is his calling. just majority of the stuff he says is hilarious. Get this.... one day he came home from school and asked me a question. What i said was not the answer to the question. then he goes why is it that black people just can't answer the question you ask them. I was too thru and laughed for a while. He is so comical. Just today he came home from school and asked did i know where the remote to his tv was. i told him no i wasn't in your room go look for it. he says we need some bonding time can you come and help me look for it. i laughed and said no, you lost it, you find it. So he went and looked again and didn't find it. finally his father said jj if you would go in there and get your work clothes off the floor put those couple of pairs of shoes in your closet you may locate the remote. He says no i already looked for it. his dad goes i tell you what you had better find it today. So i said why dont you look maybe its tangled up in your blanket cause you usually go to sleep with the remote in your hand anyway. He goes no can I just put a sign on my door that says reward $3.00 if found. I laughed and said no. eventually he went to his room and located it. I have even called him his brothers name while he standing in my face and he goes mom my name is not chris. I think moms do it the most with the name mix up.