Would You Ruin Your MyLot Rep/

@erikmama (12931)
If a discussion was posted that outraged you or you felt sostrongly about posting a response could hurt your stars or rating, would you post it?
@britt_200 (1228)
O YEAH! im not about to just hold my tongue...thats what this site is about...not only making money but seeing what other people think...and expressing your opinion. i have to write what i think! and if some people dont like that then thats fine!
@erikmama (12931)
I dont want to ruin my rep but I am with you...I am very opioniated!
@britt_200 (1228)
lol yeah i am too! me? long vacation?
@britt_200 (1228)
nope...just moved...started college...and had to get a new computer...now im back lol
You know, the thing that we need to remember is that sharing your opinion on something or getting your point across does not have to be done in a rude or unacceptable manner. I don't think that other mylot members would give you a bad reputation for sharing your point across and letting them know what you have in mind. After all, that is the beauty of participating in discussions - being able to generate different opinion and opening our minds on new things. Because to be honest, most of us probably tend to believe in our own views only. With this venue, we can learn about what others think and educate ourselves in the process. So, I really believe that responding to a discussion with brutal honesty can damage your reputation at all. IN fact, some people would even appreciate it... i think or at least in my opinion!
Correction to what i've stated above.."I really believe that responding to a discussion with brutal honesty CANNOT damage your reputation at all." I said "CAN" in the previous post. My bad!
@erikmama (12931)
I am asking if something heated you up that you made remarks that were less than appealing and possible deletion from the mylot admin. i agree we should all be able to share our opions
erikmama but you can feel strongly about something and speak up and still not get your rating hurt, you just must respect'toher people ideas you do not have to agree and you can disagree but'do it so that it doesnt hurt either your stars or your rating. breaking the rules in my opinion is stupid.
@erikmama (12931)
What if it was a derogatory stement or soemthing that hit a personal cord in your life?What if you said things maybe you later wish you had not and mylot admin deletes what you have said or something similar?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I would try to keep my temper in check. For the most part I only reply to discussion that are asking for advise or opinions. I try my best to stay away from political discussions.
@erikmama (12931)
What about something uyou feel very strongly about? Something that just hit that spot in you..?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I would get my point across in a civil tone and be ok with that.
@cmdr001 (371)
• Portugal
I would. This -is- a discussion centered community and if somehow my reply, provided that it's more thought provoking that outright insulting, is granted a negative reputation then it's unfortunate to know that other people around here don't quite have that much for brains as they have for a childish attitude. I believe that rating negatively a response should be used uniquely in the case of a response being useless/pointless to the debate but it doesn't quite break the rules to be reported. In the end though, I'm not about to hold back my tongue over fear of someone having a itchy finger. It doesn't really affect me anyway.
@erikmama (12931)
Good for you. I try to be honest all the time. My intentions are not to hurt someones feelings, but I give my opinions.
@victorywp (3526)
hi erikmama! this is really a nice topic & a great discussion! for me, i will surely post my response eventhough i know that could hurt my star/rating. i know the discussion outraged me & i am really disagree with him/her in the whole, but i will not make it too harsh in my response. i am always be nice in my responses. LOL! but i'm not faking it, it's God within me taught me how! also, we are here for friends not enemies.:)
@erikmama (12931)
Thank you! Im glad you like my topic. I am the same way as you.
@UmiNoor (3526)
I'm not the confrontational sort. And I respect other people's opinion. It is their opinion. As they have theirs I have my own opinion. And I wouldn't attack someone for an opinion that they have. It's their God given right. If they are racist or prejudiced I would think that it's their loss for having a closed mind. I wouldn't bother with such closed-minded people. What's the use. Life is too short to be hating one another.
@erikmama (12931)
I respect others opinions also and mine should be respected! I am very honest and opinionated so I tell you what I feel!