related to computer history

why does abacus is encluded in the computer history?, where in fact we know that abacus is not an electronic device.
@pals101 (2011)
I think the idea of the first and second comment of our fellow mylotter is correct. Basically abacus is the first type in mastering the concept of calculation which is a big factor in the development of computers. For more info visit the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abacus
jepou anthony hi the abacus was the first real calculator and thusbegan the history moving towards the electronic computer that computed or calculated so its back in the history of the computer.no its not a electronic device but it made men' think and devise new and better things until we have all our' latest technology. electronics are not all that old really.
Okay, in history there are no electronic devices yet, everything was manual, and so the abacus, which is the very first tool for mathematical computation.
I'm not quite sure what your question means, but if my hunch is correct, I think it's because the abacus was one of the first known [albiet primitive] calculators in the world. Since computers were originally designed to calculate problems, this may be why the abacus, a math tool, would be included in computer history. :)