The Biggest cocnern

@erikmama (12934)
What do you think is the biggest mental health issue we need to worry about? What actions do you think can be done for this ?
This is definitely a tough question - because there are simply SO many different mental aflictions that we deal with. I advocate having a healthy amount of self-esteem though and if I could spare anyone the trouble of going through eating disorders and times when you feel like you are "worthless" (and thus must take it out on your body/appearance), I would. I feel like the media has skewed our perceptions of what's considered "beautiful" and "acceptable" - and while yes, it's slowly changing for the better, it's still hard for us to accept ourselves and have pride in who we are. It might not be the BIGGEST issue among us, but I definitely feel like many people struggle with food issues and body-image issues, and it's one of those mental-health-issues that we can almost PREVENT.
@erikmama (12934)
Yes, the media has done a really great job of helping the mental health industry! I am not sure one is more important than the other though,and they all should be adressed and handled in the best possible way.
@rhan04 (309)
I think all mental problems are bad news. And everyone should have a healthy mental condition. They should try to reflect about themselves every now and then. Counseling helps too. I think awareness is the only action we can do to prevent mental disorders.
@skaterx (530)
• Finland
I think depression is also a big one, its one of the most diagnosed. And its so wide that, its hard to pinpoint exactly what kind of depression you have when you have it, ive had problems with depression for so long, since i was a teenager