Did you go to your high school reunion?

I think my high school already had 2 reunions, and I didn't bother going to either of them. I didn't really feel like seeing people who were my friends back then . . . I figured if we were truly friends, we would still be friends right now! Plus the event seemed super expensive! I have, however, reconnected with many high school friends on Facebook. That has sort of been "my" high school reunion . . . I am glad I could communicate with them one on one without all the party hoopla. Did you make it to your high school reunion? Was it worth it for you?
@Graceekwenx (3163)
i honestly dont go to high school reunions. Wanna know why? I dont want to meet old classmates who might sooner or later tap you to loan money from you! I know it is kindof awful for me. But for me, past is past. I never liked the company of those old classmates of mine who loves to flirt around boys. I guess i had been a geek. If there should be any reunions at all, i would go only for a pack of people that i really missed and love.
Now that's interesting! Did you actually have friends who would hit you up for money? When it concerns money, I know it can sometimes have an ugly outcome. I, too, would only go for my particular group of friends from high school that meant a lot to me. I actually continued the high school friendship with some during college, but we eventually went our separate ways. Like I said, if we were truly friend back the, we'd still be friends now!
actually, i learned that from my sister. she went to her high school reunion and she had some people who hit her up for money. it was so sad. High school life had not be nice to me. My classmates pushed me around because i was a geek. It would never be worth coming to a reunion.
Wow, that's some nerve for anyone to hit up a person for money at their reunion!!! Geez, talk about desparation! I'm sorry to hear about how it was for you in high school. I was sort of a geek too . . . but more like a wallflower that people didn't notice much. I, too, am certain I made the right choice to pass on the high school reunion!
@ladym33 (11009)
I went to my 10 year and my 20 year, but they had a 25 year one and I missed it because it ended up being at the same time as our vacation and we had already paid for a cabin to rent. It really was worth it to go and I was sad that missed the 25 year one because I had such a great time at the other two. But I have been talking to a lot of people on facebook as well, and several of them have showed me pictures and stuff so that is really nice. But reunions are a lot of fun. I will happily go to the next one.
I'm glad you went to your reunions and that you had a great time!! Facebook is wonderful in that it can catch you up on things via your friends. You must have a had a wonderful high school life! I'll bet my school will have another reunion, but I doubt I'd go to it!! Enjoy your next reunion!
@bearound (133)
I like small reunions.In fact,every year,I would like to meet some old friends who have spent the high school life together.I don't like the party hoopla either.We prefer to have a nice talk in a quiet coffee shop.
I agree. In intimate, casual gathering of your particular group of high school friends would be nice. And you could all reminice about what you experienced together. I would have to wonder about those big reunions . . . would people actually remember me or care . . . it could potentionally be a hurtful situation!