Do you like your name?

Somalia
Wouldn't it have been better if we are able to choose the name that we will carry for the rest of our lives? as the case is, we did not have a say on it. We get names according to the fancy of our parents. But then again if I were given the right to choose, I wouldn't know what name I'd like to have, there are just too many cute names out there. It's a good thing we could have nicknames, at least with that we can have a choice, or we can change it every week if we want to. haha! So what for you are the cutest name to have? I really like gwyneth's name, I also like filipino names like mayumi, bulak, tala, etc. And names like rain, blue, red, etc. what name do wish you have?
@Simamora (12)
Your question "do you like your name? Absolutely my answer yes. Before born my parents already choose and prepared my name and informing to all their family. It is not my parents fancy only. Although many people does not undertstand what the meaning of their name but name will show up their identity and their existency. Of course somebody can change his name every week or every month it is mean he has not consistent and he has not paid respect to her parents.
• Somalia
Well if the name was well thought of by your parents themselves then it's right that you should be thankful about them.
It is good idea to change ourselves name at the understanding age, but The people who have the best names will never change their name as me. My name is "NEHA" means "LOVE"... I like my name, it is so lucky for me, my name ends with "HA". In Indian language (hindi) "HA" means "YES" I never heard No about anything I want in my life, In every situation i used the word "yes". I will do it, I can do it, I am only 19 But have so much confidence and I think your name is the first thing which develop confidence... After all I love My name and will never change "NEHA"
• Somalia
Good for you!! cheers!!
@johneehs (41)
I like my name but it's very feminine. I prefer Alex, Ian, John or anything masculine for me. That's cool to think when I am a girl with a guy's name, right? I also like names that are different from all the other like ishi, isabela and brussels.
• Somalia
Uh.. I also actually like boyish names on girls too... it kinda make them sound mysterious and androgynous.
@seanbryan (351)
• United Arab Emirates
Hi there! I was given an undesirable nickname when I was a kid, but I like my real name. I hate it when I hear somebody calling me on my nickname that I tend to ignore them...lol. It was my way of telling them that I really don't like the nickname they gave me, that was when I've grown to be a teenager that I realized how on earth they got that stinky name for me when I was adorable when I was a kid...lol. Cheers!
• Somalia
was that you when you were a kid? cheers!!!
@fifileigh (3619)
I always liked the name Tara. and i like different names like Faryn. i just dont like common names like lisa, jennifer, laura, sarah, cathy, susan, jan, connie, carol, etc. yuck!
• Somalia
not all of us can be so lucky.
@seanbryan (351)
• United Arab Emirates
hi there! My real name is a four letter word and I like it, but when they call me on my nickname i hate it. My nickname is even longer than my real name, just wondering how my parents had allowed anybody giving me undesirable name when I was still a kid, well I did ask them many times during my teen age but they even can't give me a good reason. It keeps me annoyed when I hear somebody calling me by that name when I was a teenager that I often ignored them. In such a way, they will call me on my real name and now nobody calls me on that name as I choose to live far from my town for a living.
• Somalia
hehe... at least it's the nickname that you didn't like, it's pretty chageable.
@danitykane (3192)
I totally agree with you. :) It will be so cool if I were able to choose a name for myself. But I love my name! Its my mom's nickname. I lost her when I was very young so I cherish having this name. Its like I represent her in a small way. I like filipino names too! LOL. Mayumi is very nice, old filipino names are very unique because right now it is seldomly used as a name. Many opt to choose modern names. :) Happy myLotting. :)
• Somalia
I agree... these modern names that we are getting are so western, they're not ours. I like that you remember your mom through your name. that's sweet.
@Tantrums (949)
I don't really really like my name, aside that my whole name is too long (30 characters), It's way too Christian.... I'd rather prefer a tribal or ethnic name or even a Viking, name we find in nature, I have a friend whose name is River! Ain't that cool??? I wish they had named me something genuine, Gunnar perhaps, or Crimson (I like this shade of colour a lot).
• Somalia
River is cool!!! and Crimson too!!
@vaishalik (237)
I love my both names, yes we indian ladies have second name after marriage. Though both time we can't choose our name, i like them very much because of their nice meanings. Our parants choose our name in very happy mood, because of our birth. They think it will be suitable for our whole life. My husband also has given me lovely name of his choise. So i will never even think of other name.
@llj0211 (13)
I perfer to my name wh according to my patents . There are many messages in my name with my parents' turely wishs and they really bring many encourages to me in my daylife.In my opinion ,I approve to change our name when we find it would comfort to us.I get it is right that a cute name will bing us good lucks,do you agree it ?
I don't like my name at all. It's so bland. I wouldn't mind having a name like Moon or Shadow. Maybe Requiem? I don't know, they all sound so cool.
@vicky30 (4777)
Yes i like my name.My dad gave me the name so i can bring victory to the church.My mom gave me the name Rufus which is from the Bible.I really like the names chinese people have.I also love names that sound beautiful like myrtle,valencia,tiara etc.I don't know what the filipino names are but would love to know more about them.I also love names like Avril and Ariel.
• Somalia
Good for you!! well nowadays most filipinos would usually have either a hispanic name or american name, but before all that people used to have names like malakas, marikit, maganda, mayumi...etc.. basically adjectives that describe the person bearing the name or nouns which connotes beauty like bukangliwayway, bulaklak... etc. Names used to have meaning, but nowadays names are just chosen for the way they sound and not really for their meaning.
@vicky30 (4777)
Thanks for describing more about filipinos.You gave the ways in which people gives names.Happy mylotting.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hello I would have changed it years ago, but now I have to live with it, unfortunately don't have a nickname so people call me by my frist name which I hate to hear, oh well Thank you.
• Somalia
oopps... sorry to hear that... maybe you can think of a name that you really like and ask them to call you with that name... just a suggestion.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hello Its o.k I am used to it, don't like but definately use to it, no worries lol
hi amoyube, since you like so much cute names,why not use them as your "user name" in network station like on mylot? it will be a good feeling when you own of so many cute names! for me,my name was given by my grandfather when i was born,i never think of changeing my name,becaus i'm worried that maybe one of my friends forget me if i change my name.
• Somalia
I actually do use different usernames for the the sites that I choose. But I like my name now because it's the name of one of my favorite foods and color.
it's very interesting,I'm curious what's the meaning of your name, do you mind to tell us?
@ladygator (3469)
I am pretty happy with my name. I have a very origional name. It is not heard often. When I younger however, I was not very happy about it. It seemed like an old name. I am not sure about a different name, I think my name fits me. I do like the name Sophia, Chloe, Meridith. And of course the names that I have named my children.
• Somalia
We actually end up growing with our names. That's what I'm thankful for actually, that I wasn't given a name that wouldn't stick when I get old.
@ladygator (3469)
Yes, I agree. My name is good like that. I am glad i didnt get named some really young name.
@balasri (26553)
Given a chance I would like to be called Amoyube.I like the musical quality about it.
• Somalia
haha!!! before you name yourself that I think it's better if I tell you what it means first: amoy=smell, odor, ....ube= yam, or the color purple so in english that could either be translated like: smells like yam, or smells like purple.... which ever makes sense to you.. I like smells like purple.... haha!!
@balasri (26553)
I like anything that smells good.
@taface412 (3176)
I used to hate my name because it was so different than everyone elses....now I love it for the same reason. Go figure
• Somalia
lol!! perspectives do change as we age...
@happy6162 (3011)
I like my name my parents choose for me. There are though some nickname I did not like when I was growing up. After I got older I have chosen my nickname and tell people that is what I like to be called beside my real name.
• Somalia
Hmmm... Good for you!! at least you had a say about one of your names!!
@veronizm (909)
Hi amoyube! I used to hate my name (veronica). That's because my friends used to murder it like they don't pronounce it right and say it like "bironika", lol. Later, I realized that my name actually sounds very nice and pretty, let alone its great meaning which is "true image" :) Right now I always correct my friends when they mispronounce my name, most especially when they try to call me weird nicknames like "verong" or "birong", I really hate it, LOL! But yeah, I like my name :)
• Somalia
lol!! you must excuse are fellow-pinoys. They do love to murder names!
@metschica25 (5407)
hello! I like names with Rain as well or anything dealing with water and something tropical . Maybe like a Hawaiian name . I watched the movie Splash when younger and loved it because of the Mermaid in there and also it takes place in New York City one of my favorite places . Well, Anyway her name was Madison and well at the time it was a rare name and now it is so common . I want something more than A Jen Or Stacey for a name . So who knows what I will pick . I have always liked Guienvera .
• Somalia
Guienvera seems like a unique name, but I'm not sure if I would want to be called that... thanks for sharing your thoughts!