A New Daddy

@erikmama (12931)
If you have a child and the relationship does not work, would you allow your children to call your new partner daddy? If the child's father was in the child's life? If he was not?
I have two children from a previous marriage that were two and four when we married. They called him daddy when they wanted to we didn't tell them too. It helped though that their real dad wasn't really in the picture. My husband is more of a father than he will ever be. I definitely agree that it should be up to the children when and if they call a new guy 'dad'. And a new man should not be introduced to the children unless the relationship is serious. what's the point if he is not going to be around long? they will just feel abandoned again and again.
@erikmama (12931)
If that is the only father that they know then that is there dad. It should be up to the child, but with me and my son, he will probably not call anyone else daddy. He knows his daddy, as sorry as he may be, but it is still his dadi
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Not at all if the child's father is in his life or not. Unless of course the child wanted to call him his Dad. My girls grew up without their father and the man I end up with was called by his first name by my girls. I would never suggest it to my kids to call a man that was not their real father to call him Dad unless like I said they wanted too.
@erikmama (12931)
So what would you want the child to call his step father?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
By his given name. My girls called my boyfriend Jerry since they were young and continue to call him that.