Kisses

@erikmama (12929)
Do you let your dog kiss you in the mouth?? have you heard the rumor that a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's? It is a RUMOR!
@fergus (818)
Hi, Yes i heard that somewhere but i don ,t let my dog kiss me in the mouth, he spends half the day with his head beween his legs haha. all the best.
@erikmama (12929)
I'm with ya...I see where their mouths are all day long! Thanks for responding!
oh! i know what you mean fergus my friend. that is why its so hard for that kisses to happen to us! jhelai
After what I saw my dog eat off the pavement yesterday, I can believe you!!! I let mine lick my cheek because I like the feeling of his squidgy wet nose, but not near my mouth. If he accidentally catches me there, I have to spit!
@erikmama (12929)
yes, i know about all the gross things dogs do! My mother's dog is especially nasty with the things it chooses to lick and out it mouth on. then it always wants to kiss me right in the lips. So gross!
@mzz663 (2775)
Ewww...no, nope, never, huh uh, not me!!....after seeing where a dogs tongue/mouth go and the nasty things they will eat, I can't stand to have a dog lick me, let alone give the dog a kiss....it disturbs me when I see little kids and puppies and people think it's CUTE when they let the kids get licked. I had a friend once who would let her dog eat off of her fork and plate and share her food with her dog and it just grossed me out....I would never eat anything at her house and the most I would do was have a cup of coffee or a can of soda pop....
@erikmama (12929)
I am with you! It is really gross. i have seen people who love it! I;m like do you know not where your dog licks all day, and not to mention all of the other things they are in!
@laken02 (3067)
lol my daughter use to tell me that all the time, But I dont believe it.. I do love my Jack Russell, but I would never let her kiss me in the mouth. she has caught me by suprise and licked me in the face.. she is a very sweet dog and we treat her as a kid. she is very spoiled , but kissing me in the mouth is where i draw the line.. :)
@erikmama (12929)
That;s the only time it happens, when the dogs sneaks one on me. the rumor is not true by any means!
@jheLaichie (4439)
oh! i also did hear about the rumor. but i just cant let my dear dog kiss me on my mouth. well, though i love my dog but i just cant let her do that. though she is very fond of those kisses. i just let kiss my hand ... she likes it when i rub her belly too... jhelai
@erikmama (12929)
hand is ok, just not the mouth!
@harmonee (1236)
I don't even let my dog kiss me on the face. I've heard that their mouths are cleaner than ours, but I just can't erase the image of them licking their butts after going to the bathroom. No thanks! I don't want that anywhere near my mouth!
@mrakobesie (1246)
unfortunatley don't have a dog, but my cats don't usually kiss me on the mouth, they don't feel like it. Though Rocky did a couple of times, it was actually really sweet because he didn't lick, he actually kissed. He separated his lips a little bit and sucked the air in while touching my lips, just like humans would do :) usually they try to clean me instead though and end up freaking out because my hair is too long and they get caught in it while trying to clean it lol.
@coolcat123 (4392)
yes, its surely a rumour, a dog is an animal and cant keep itself clean untill the owner does it so.The mouth will be clean only when the owner wants to.Well i have read that dogs mouth rather the saliva is the worst of all and an unclean thing. for that major reason we dont keep dogs at home.
@dhugoi (315)
Its not really a rumor, its actually based on scientific study, I actully watched the episode of mythbuster that tackle the same study. But nonetheless the mouth of dog is less microbe and bacteria than of human, i will never kiss a dog in a mouth, you'll never know were that mouth have been.