wedding and children

@ladygator (3469)
Telling guests not to bring children is a tough call since you may have others call off if they cant bring them. I think that its nice to get out once in a while w/o the kids so I love the night out w/o kids. But if you dont want the kids at the wedding then thats your call, but I am thinking that if some will bring children then others kinda should be able to make that choice as well.
@cpamanda (694)
I think it is your wedding and you should invite who you want. If you do not know someone's children, it is okay not to invite them, but invite children you know. Of course, only having been married a year ago, people will rsvp for people you did not include on the invitation, so be prepared. Do not let it ruin your big day either way.
@ladygator (3469)
I agree. I think that the concern is that maybe the children will run all over and be loud? I am a preschool teacher I love children. But some parents are more flexible with their children which can lead to others getting irritated
@sedel1027 (17854)
We are having problems with people RSVPing with more than we were told they were going to have. This is a problem with my fiance's step moms family. I don't think she was 100% truthful with us when she gave uis number. Plus many of the people they said "Oh just send an invite to, they aren't coming" are coming. I am really starting to stress out about it. We wanted a small wedding and that isn't going to happen now.
@Lindalinda (4112)
I think it is a tough call. Some people want to invite the children with whom they have a special relationship and who might be in the wedding party as flower girls and ringbearers. Those few are usually not a burden, however, then you get other people with children upset if they cannot bring their own. If you get pressured to invite everybody's children hire a nanny and make sure the location of the reception has a seperate room where the children can be entertained. In any event it is your wedding and the bride and groom should enjoy it, therefore do what is best for you.
@ladygator (3469)
It is hard. I am really thinking that its not so much the guests decision. I am thinking that actually getting mad is very selfish
@isasice (2015)
• Iceland
In Iceland I think people don't bring children to weddings unless their names were on the invitation and I think most people understand that and respect it. Children who are close family are often invited though and I think that is different. I remember the only person who didn't understand this was my cousin who had four little children. I had told her we weren't inviting any kids except my nieces and nephews who all were part of the wedding (bridesmades, ringbearers). She didn't listen and still brought the kids and I didn't say anything. She does this all the time when she is invited somewhere, some people never leave the house without their kids. Weddings are very expensive and people might think "I only have one child and he won't eat much". If 50 guest all bring one child that is 50 extra plates and caterers don't care if you are 2 years old or 90, they charge by the plate in most cases. Then there is also the fact that when you get a lot of kids together they do tend to get hyper and noisy and they could ruin the "party". Adults might not enjoy themselves as much. A friend of mine who has a big family with a lot of children in it got a great solution for this. She had a special party for the children so they all got their own invitation to a little party. If you are getting married, it is your day and you invite whomever you want. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem.
@ladygator (3469)
yep I agree. I am not offended when I am requested not to bring my children, they are loud especially at a place like that I am sure. I didnt take mine to the last wedding so that I could enjoy it more as well
@sedel1027 (17854)
As i stated in th epost I started yesterday. We are not allowing people to bring their kids. I don't see it as a huge deal and 99% of the guests don't have children. I think that bringing a young child to a wedding would be tourture for the kid. Personally I don't want kids running around during the wedding and reception that we paid a lot of money for.
@ladygator (3469)
i completetly understand where you are coming from, I dont like my kids around drinking. We didnt really have a reception it was just the wedding then the dinner, then me and hubby left and the kids went with grandma
@jfeets726 (775)
I agree with you. My mom just got remarried in June. She had my daughter in her wedding and she is two. It was a casual wedding, but my daughter wouldn’t sit still and I couldn’t go to her because I was also in the wedding. I went to go sit with her and my grandma told me to stay with my mom and that she would take care of things. I feel awful, to this day, because my grandma had to walk around with my daughter, so she ending up not really being able to see her daughter get married.
@ladygator (3469)
Yeah especially if you are in the wedding that makes it tough. It really depends. My children were in our wedding and it all was okay, but I felt bad since I was no preoccupied with my wedding to really attend to the chilren, but I was the bride so I guess it was definatly excusable.
@harish4u (1393)
i will the children
@baysmummy (1638)
My faince and i are planning to get married September 2007, and we have spoken about this children being there or not being there many times, What we have finally decided on is that Kids are more then welcome to come out for the ceremony thats fine but we want the reception to be child free, We have a 4 year old of our own and we will not even be having him at the reception, We want all of our guests to be able chill relax and have some fun now i know alot of them wont be able to do that if they children to run after! Just my opinion!
@ladygator (3469)
yep, I agree. I prefer not to drink in front of kids.
@jamie11982 (1659)
I had 3 children by the time that i got married last year and we left it up to the guest's if they wanted to bring their children or grandchildren to the wedding reception. We got married on a friday in the middle of the afternoon so everyone was at work that took care of more kids at the wedding besides mine and my hubsbands. So I think that it should be up to the gurst's if they want to bring children or not. If the couple that is getting married and they have children then the more kids there the better this way all of the kids can have fun together.
@ladygator (3469)
the last wedding that we went to had a quite a few kids there, so it was pretty fun for them