Are You Obsessed With Points Programs?

I must be a member of every point program in Canada, and a few in the USA, too. When I go to Shoppers Drug Mart, I collect Optimum points. I collect points that serve me well at almost every major on-line book retailer there is (I nearn MyPoints from shopping at B&N, and redeem them for Amazon gift cards, I also get Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks, on Chapters, B&N, Amazon.ca, and Borders.com I can earn Airmiles, or Aeroplan Miles, depemding on what card I choose to use, and those can be redeemed for travel rewards and other things) I have a credit card that allows me to collect Airmiles, and I am looking in to getting one that will allow me to collect Aeroplan Miles too (different bank, but I'll still do all my main banking at the one I already use) I get points for shopping at Zellers (Canadian department store) And I get points, or money for almost everything I do on line (MyLot, Gather, Scoints, ptc's...) Besides my research (no wait, I get paid for that too, through the Swagbucks and Airmiles toolbars...) about the only things I do that don't earn my points are answering my e-mails, and going on Facebook. I've made a lot of really good money this way, and the points that could not be redeemed for cash I've used to buy things I'd just end up spending money on anyway. Christmas is going to be BOOKS this year, as I have almost $100 in my Amazon.com account now, thanks to Swagbucks, and MyPoints. I'm trying to earn enough Aeroplan Miles to fly somewhere, and enough AirMiles to stay somewhere. :) Walker and I are going to get a vacation, eventually. :) So, are you obsessed with points, and how do you collect, save, and use them?
@stephcjh (32327)
I am joined with a few points programs but not very many. It takes me a while to rack up points. I tried Gather but the points take too long to add up there. I cashed out of there one time.
I am more obscessed with collecting gift certificates. I belong to several sites athat give amazon certificates.I also am in some points programs here like gas station and valero. I think I have an account with my points but I dont know how much is in it. I like getting points for doing various things, It is a way to make a little extra cash.
@satan88 (586)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
yes i am obsessed with air miles and aeroplan. I think i waste more money than i save to get more points lol .It's good to see a fellow canadian around myLot. there aren't very many of us here.
@Bluepatch (2480)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Definitely not. I think they make you work too hard for too little points. I have a friend who travels with these point programs but I'm not into that. There's too much work and spending of money involved. For too little reward.
@horsesrule (1960)
Obsessed, well, perhaps a bit! LOL But if you're going to spend money on something anyway, shouldn't we get points for it? That's the way I see it. In fact, it makes me sad to actually go into Walmart and buy things because you get no points for that. I use the points programs as much as I possibly can, I just wish I had a little bit more money to take advantage of some of those programs. Like MyPoints, they have some pretty good extra point offers when you take advantage of them, well, it you have the money. Thank goodness for online earning opportunities though, without them, I wouldn't be able to make it!
@ZephyrSun (7385)
Oh yes, if there's a points system I use it. My husband use to complain about oh it tracks your spending and I convinced him it doesn't matter. So now, he is just as bad as I am.
Not obsessed with points, but do like dollars. Other than personal e mails, most everything pays me as well. I find that I am best off keeping things narrowed down, though. I have MyLot and Gather and Inbox Dollars (slow but reliable) and MyPoints that I am active in. I have the MyPoints toolbar, and earn points for all my searches for my freelance articles. I have a nice bundle of points that will redeem as gift cards before Christmas. I will not do social sites, do not want to share myself that way and they do not pay me.
Yes, im a member of allot of different programs which involve earning vouchers for spending so much. Even ones that earn me frequent flyere points by doing my shopping at various places as well as getting discount petrol vouchers so i can fill up my car
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I am doing the same thing. Getting points from swagbucks and Gather for amazon gift cards. I hope I am able to have a good decent Christmas this year. I have a bad habit of spending the amazon cards right then. I did get some of my neice's birthday gifts through amazon points.