Was there something left behind??

Have you ever moved into a house and the previous owners had left something behind?? We moved into our house and got to meet the lady who lived here when she was selling the house....and she told us how her family was the only ones that lived in this house since it was built in 1950. When she moved, there was nothing left behind, but a few cans of paint in the garage and a few light bulbs. However, there are some great stories where people move into old houses and find things that have meant something...like things from the Civil War... or from ancestors, etc.... really cool things!! So I thought I would ask....was there anything left behind when you moved into your house??
@cher913 (25891)
i think its sorta cool when things are left behind actually. what was left behind when we bought our house were two wooden boxes that were used to hold clothes pins. (they werent all that old but cool all the same). i heard of one great story that people were stripping the walls and tearing one down and found all sorts of movie posters that were worth big bucks!
that is so cool!! we have torn down most of the walls here since there was no insualtion in the walls at all... and we have been updating the house literally from the insulation --to the wiring -- and we havent found anything. there were a few old bottles under the house... we cleaned them up and they look like old Milk bottles from a long long time ago, we want to have them checked out. thanks for the response and have a great day!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Dust and post office mailing boxes. Real exciting, huh? LOL I don't even think they left us light bulbs! Which sucks because our landlord wants us to buy the expensive, energy efficient ones. lol
oh man....LOL, that is not good to have to get those bulbs... I still havent got any of them because of there price...I know they say they last longer but I can get 6 bulbs for like 2.00 vs... getting 1 for like 9.00 or 15.00 --no thanks...I am on a serious budget!! LOL --not that I dont want to get them, its just I need to get groceries and diapers first!! I hope you are settled in now and things are going well!! thanks for the response and have a great day!
@Porcospino (17898)
• Denmark
I have found a couple of different things in the houses that I moved into, but I have never found anything interesting only things like old phonebooks, pieces of wood, old newspapers, a shirt and a freezer full of cauliflower! I heard a true story about a couple who found a lot of valuable things in the house they moved into. In the house there was an old door that had been covered by many layers of wallpaper. The couple decided to remove the wallpaper, and that way they discovered the old door and behind the door there were lots of old things including some very old and valuable things. Things like that don't happen very often, but I am interested in history and old things I loved the story, it must be fascinating to find a hidden door that way