If our health care system was a retail store, would you shop there?

I was talking to a conservative/republican on Monday, and he was explaining to me why he didn't want Obama's health care reform. I listened to him, and then explain to him how I felt about the subject. After asking him if he our current health care system was a retail store (like Wal-Mart) would you shop there? He was confused and asked what I ment. I then explained that I wouldn't shop at a store that was by far the most expensive, and wasn't the best. He said that he liked his options that he has with his current health care, and didn't want a public plan where he would have to fight to see his doctor. I asked him if he would still shop at Wal-Mart if their prices were ten times more expensive then their competitors? He said NO, and then I told him that they have alot more options than their competitors. So what would you do?
hi at the risk of being crucified by republican mylotters'I have to say I will back obamas final plans as I think he does know what he'is doing. so nobody had better dis me in any way a bout this. I do have a right to my opinion even if you think I Am dumb or stupid you will not say so,you must respect me as I respect you.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
Hi Hatley! Don't worry I created Left Sided Politics to avoid that Republican beating They have to enter at their own risk. And, you're not dumb or stupid!
I just wanna chime in and say thank you for creating this interest, because like Hatley, I have had my share of the conservatives being unnecessarily aggressive and they just go attack dog mode sometimes, I do get mean but really only with one member, and im sure everyone can figure out who ;) just because they get ridiculous...but I feel ya Hatley, just because someone feels a certain way, they should never be questioned about their intelligence, and its funny how there never was talk of "drinking koolaid" about Bush supporters, and those who oppose Palin are somehow "just jealous of her". It's just funny how hypocritical, and flip flopping republicans really are.
That is an extremely accurate and funny comparison, the way our system is now, if you have to get your own health care, it is like a ritsy shop that you would find in Beverly Hills, im sure most people have seen the movie Pretty Woman, the part where Julia Roberts goes into the fancy store wearing her skimpy, and pretty trashy outfit and they refuse her service. Private healthcare is like that, but instead of a trashy outfit, if you have a "pre-existing condition", they snub you. I know it first hand because I got tons of excited and friendly people trying to sell me health care, like a saleperson at a ritzy store, and at the mention of asthma, they lost all friendliness and effort and just wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible. Just like a salesperson would at some expensive store when they figured out i didn't have much money. The point is that the current healthcare system is SNOBBY and inneffecient because it only works for some, and not the majority in my opinion.
I agree with you 100% Spicy, the sad part is that people who oppose this plan could care less. It is sad that we live in a country where people only care about themselves, and ignor problems, because it is their problem, YET! These people are defending our current system, as if it is the best in the world, and needs no reform. I do like your pretty women comparison, it does fit very well.
@ZephyrSun (7385)
No, I hate Wal-Mart, they suck