Europa League

@akuler (3534)
Malaysia
Europa League will start today. For the green Greek fan, Panathiakos will face Galatasary from Turkey at Olimpiako Stadio, Athens. Since there is no live telecast for this match, I can't enjoy it. I hope the green can win this game. The red (Olimpiacos) already won their first match in campion league yesterday. So it is important for the green to win too even thoug they play in the different league in Europe. Good luck to the green Panathiakos.
@thea09 (18321)
• Greece
hi Kyrios akuler, I am disappointed to see your first forage into this great interest of ours has met with a contradiction and I'm sure you are perfectly correct. It will be a national disgrace, followed by a national strike in protest, if the Turks are allowed to win on our fine soil. You may not be aware but there is no love lost between the two countries as Turkey and Greece were at war for hundreds of years and Turkey even had the nerve to occupy Greece for many years until they were kicked out. I am very glad to hear you will be supporting the greens and it is our duty now to round up our members so they can all give mental support here. Thank you for bringing this world shattering news to our attention.
@thea09 (18321)
• Greece
aku, are your notifiers off, i didn't get an alert on this being started.
@akuler (3534)
Hi kyria Thea, I hope everything happen on the field of football remain there. This is just the sport that everyone love so I hope the Greeks and Turks supporter keep their mind intact. No hooligan. If this thing happen, not only the sport get the bad image but Greece too.
@thea09 (18321)
• Greece
Well I very much hope we don't have any hooligans, in this area the Pani lot have never once acted in a hooliganistic way. My son cannot find this match on the television so will have to do without it as school tomorrow. I can't understand where the other fans are lurking, think it could be your title as none of our fans actually like football.
@sunny68 (1327)
hi akuler.. thanks for the info. Panathiakos will definitely win (err....don't they have a shorter name..) no more Turkish coffee from now onwards....(any Greek substitute??)
@thea09 (18321)
• Greece
You may refer to them as Pani. I will leave the rest for our great spokesperson Akuler who is learned in these matters.
@akuler (3534)
Hi sunny, They will win this game today. Otherwise, Pani supporter will face another humiliation because their local enemy (Olimpiakos) won their first match in Champion League yesterday. I never try Turkish coffee before but their kebab is good.
@thea09 (18321)
• Greece
Turkish coffee is very like Greek coffee, in fact it might be the same thing.
@stvasile (7317)
Hello, akuler! I'm sorry to have responded this discussion of yours so late, the darn e-mail notification must have been down again... Unfortunately for them, Panathinaikos lost the game... I would have preferred a draw, as it would have favoured the Romanian team in that group, Dinamo Bucharest. Dinamo won in Austria against Sturm Graz and they now lead the group, while Panathinaikos are on the last place, but I'm sure things won't stay this way...
@akuler (3534)
Hi stvasile, Congratulation to Dinamo Bucharest. But I think Galatasary lead the Group F right now because of the goal advantage. They have +2 goal difference while Dinamo Bucharest have +1. Next match would be much interesting because Dinamo Bucharest will meet Panathiakos at Stadionul Dinamo.
@stvasile (7317)
You are obviously right about Glatasaray being on the first place... The next match will be very interesting, indeed... I think Dinamo is weaker than Panathinaikos and Galatasaray, but they can produce surprises. I think if they draw against the Turks and the Greek, Dinamo can qualify (Sturm Graz doesn't stand a chance...).
@akuler (3534)
There is no real weaker team in any group at Europa League. Most of them have an experience with UEFA Champion League and they are among the top in their league last season. But it is very interesting to see which teams will qualify for the knockout stage from this group.