96 Police Officers Laid-Off

@dramaqn (1990)
On Tuesday 96 police officers were laid-off in Akron, Ohio. What the heck is going on? This clearly is not the best way to save the budget. This clearly is not the safest thing to do. What is going on with the decisions the "local" governments are making? Is this truly the only way they see fit to save the budget? Or is it simply a ploy to make it seem like it's because of the presidency? I don't know, but it was crazy that of all days that happened, seeing how 2 hours away the President was in Ohio in a small town. I'm just concerned about that decision. I no longer live there, but my mom and other family members do.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi, It is a sad thing that is happening all over the country. I hear things about Philadelphia that are so scary. That they don't have money for food stamps or for mothers with children, that require assistance. Many states are in trouble, and are having huge problems trying to handle their expenses. Some cities are going to four day work weeks to save money. I don't think it has much to do with the presidency, he has more than enough critics on all sides to deal with. It is not good to cut your police force, but if they have tried everything else and still come up short, they have to do something, but that should be the very last thing they cut, if at all. Philadelphia is closing libraries, parks, swimming pools during the summer, and multiple other cost cutting things. California was handing out IOU's, the federal government according to news reports is printing money without having gold reserves to back the money up, www.wsj.com/federal/reserve. New York is having similar problems. Hopefully the economy will pick up and jobs can be saved or created, but for now, we are going to have very rough patches. Take care.
@dramaqn (1990)
Yes, it is sad and yes police and fireman should be the very last on the list to get cut. We have cut libraries out and hours also. Which is sad seeing how they just re-built several of them and schools. Thanks for your indepth and meaningful reply.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi again. You are quite welcome. We all have to try to think positively and pray for our country. We will survive, but with a bit of pain. The unemployment claims fell again today, good news. www.msnbc.com. Take care, have a good weekend
That's crazy!!! I hope the town doesn't run a-muck!
@dramaqn (1990)
Unfortunately, it probably will. They finally get their names back on the map because LeBron is from there, and now the University of Akron just built a new stadium. What the heck is going to happen is truly the unthinkable I'm sure. Also, they just had new buildings and condo's and brownstones downtown to bring life back to it, well it will be interesting to see how this goes.
@kitty42 (3912)
Hello my friend I really feel things are just a mess I am still try to wrap my head around the fact that they can actually print money and yet we are so broke, I don't get this I am sure their may be a limit to the amount of paper that is used, I still don't get this at all. Thank you friend.
@maximax8 (27943)
I know most people are trying to save the budget but safety is of the utmost importance. I think having a police force is extremely important. I can't understand why they should lay off 96 police officers. If much more crime starts to happen in Ohio then I wouldn't be at all surprised.