Yet More Apple Stuff Cooked

@webeishere (36353)
This shot shows filling/sauce that I made from my homegrown Haralred Apples this year. Cored; peeled; and sliced apples, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and nutmeg boiled until thick. This sauce/filling was tasty. I used it as a filler for what we I apple doo-dads a turnover type of treat. It is also great as an ice cream topping, poured over waffles or pancakes etc. What other uses are there for an apple sauce/filling as such? Have you ever baked/cooked with apples at all? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@minnie_98214 (10573)
Hope you got some yummy apple goodness stuff left for me and savanna on saturday. I may use my apples to make something for savannas party.
@webeishere (36353)
How about pancakes with apple sauce dripped over them for breakfast then Saturday morning? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM DADDY!!~
@webeishere (36353)
You have just her this weekend then I take it? I need my extension ladder also. REAL SOON! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM DADDY!!~
Sounds yummy and yes just the baby girl. I will try to remember your ladder.
Gosh that looks/sounds good! There is a really yummy desert type treat that i make, usually with canned apple pie filling, as i am not good about making things form scratch, but ithink it would be something yummy and delicious for you to try, and really simple too, as long as you have either a deep fryer, or a pot and enough oil.. basicly just buy a package of small flour tortillas from the store, scoop a little filling inside them and roll them up nice and tight, then drop them in the hot oil for a few minutes to fry. once they get all nice and golden brown take them out and let the drain of on some paper towels. Then sprinke with a little cinnemon sugar and enjoy! oh..and these are AWESOME served with ice-cream. (this is also amazing with cherry pie filling!) As for any other baking or cooking with apples, my experience is pretty limited. I love to just do plain baked apples with brownsugar, butter and cinnimon, then served with either whipped cream or ice cream. And i use apple when i make spiral stuffed pork roast or stuffed pork chops. Basicly for that i just dice up a small apple and sautee it with some onions and add it to the bread stuffing that i use. Other than that, i just eat apples plain....yum!
@webeishere (36353)
Thanks this sounds tasty and easy as well. Off to get some tortillo shells this weekend. HAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
I would put it in oatmeal. I have chopped apples into cookies and I would put your stuff into bread. There used to be a recipe for taking something like that and stirring it into spice cake for a snack type cake.
@webeishere (36353)
For applecrisp I usually use graham crakers crushed up but next time I am using oatmeal instead as it is healthier. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@tyc415 (5706)
I am not a good one for cooking and baking. That is something I wish I had gotten from my mother, she was a great one in the kitchen and she loved it too. That apple sauce you made seems like it might be good on a slice of pound cake also or even on toast, I would even eat my toast with a fork if I had that to put on it. hahaha
@webeishere (36353)
It is an apple sauce, not applesausce. HAHAHAHA! Used as a filler or topping is all. I need some special things to make applesauce I think. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@dragon54u (31636)
I think it would make a great ingredient in pancake batter! You could use it to top an applesauce cake and it would really be yummy if you'd cook chicken in it or pour it over chicken and rice/noodles!
@blackbriar (9080)
I don't do much with apples cept to make applesauce or pie with them. My daughter and hubby are the apple fans in the house.
@walijo2008 (4647)
Gosh Grandpa Bob reading your discussions are making me hungry, I'm gonna have to go pick the apples off my tree tomorrow, your giving me all these ideas..haha.