i am seeing the moon and it is just 3pm

@tigeraunt (6331)
today was a very very hot day outside. my granddaughter and i agreed to go to the mall to buy somethings for her use in school. we stayed on for nearly an hour just walking and window shopping in the mall and then when we came out of the building, the first thing i saw was the moon. how could this be when we all know that the moon comes out only at night. can anyone explain this please? ann
@savypat (20246)
The moon is up in the daylight as much or more than in the night, in the Winter when the nights are longer you will see the moon longer at night but in the Summer when the nights are shorter you will see the moon longer in the daylight. You just don't notice it because it's harder to see in the daylight. Just start looking for it in the day time.
@tigeraunt (6331)
you're right pat. maybe i am just too engross with the everyday thing and i haven't been very keen about the things around me. thank you so much for the response. happy mylotting. ann
Hi tigeraunt, I think what you are seeing is a reflection of the sun which does look like the moon. Tamara
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi tamara, maybe, because eyes do a lot of tricks sometimes. thank you for the response. happy mylotting. ann
@mipen2006 (5528)
Hi tigeraunt, I think the moon's it's own doss! Seriously there must be an explanation, but that wasn't a good subject for me, and even if we did learn, after all these years, I have fogotten.
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi mipen, it was an extraordinary sight for me. am not used to seeing a moon in the afternoon or anytime of the day with the sun up and all. thank you for the response. happy mylotting. ann
@bodhisatya (2384)
HI Ann, Moon on a hot sunny day...ummm I have never seen it. Maybe the moon wanted to meet you guys and was working overtime to do so. I have seen the moon during the day but it has to be a very cloudy day seemongly more night than a day.
@tigeraunt (6331)
haha. thats a nice joke. yes the moon appears most of the time at night.. i hope you get to see it too during day time. its nice and somewhat different. thanks for the response bondi. happy mylotting ann