Are Philippines made of American's culture?

France
That's a feeling I have from what I saw online. Every people from Philippines I encountered speak a very good English and I'd like to say American English. There is also this thing that I seem to see lot of Filipino are so much into Basketball, things like that. Well, I've never had the chance to get there but maybe you can tell me more about it?
@bjcyrix (6910)
Heya.^_^ Well, I wouldnt say that the country is made of American culture but there is of course a huge influence. You can definitely see it from the way we dress, the way we speak and our overall mentality but I gotta say that the personality and set of values is still purely very Filipino. Basketball, yeah, I dont know how that came about but the most common played sport here would be that. Its also a common thing to see that almost every street corner inside subdivisions have a basketball ring. Not a whole court of course.LOL But just a scrap of wood, nailed with a ring, then a crude painting of a rectangle to resemble a real basketball board. Its enough for the people, just so they can shoot some hoops.^_^ There are still a lot of things about the country but I really dont know where to go on from there.LOL Anyway, hope other myLotters can add to what I shared. PS. Sorry, Im not able to login messengers these days. Busy preparing for the upcoming finals and meeting deadlines. Well, wish me luck and take care always.
• France
Good luck and come back to me soon ^^
@bjcyrix (6910)
Well, we dont have classes this weekend since there is another supertyphoon coming in the country.. hope it doesnt landfall..
• France
Let's hopse so.
Hi a filipino here, i must say that it is true that m0st people here speak very well in english (but n0t me im n0t fluent like otherS),That is also why there is a lot of cAll center here like in india, im n0t realLy sure abouT the american cultUre becAuse it is very difFerent here,im sure s0meone will answer this for you.
• France
What kind of call centers?
There are so many actualLy fr0m help desk to telemarketing, ive worked as an agent before but i got terminated ^^, and working in that industry really improve our comMunicati0n skilLs. G
Btw it is a smalL but we have a l0t of things to offer you so if you do have time please visit us.
• France
Your opinion is interesting to me because you can see it from the inside.
@Simon1223 (902)
It's true that American cultures have a great influence on Philippines. Philippines used to be a colony of US for nearly fifty years. During that period, American cultures almost dominated Philippines. The teaching medium in school was purely English. As we all know, language is an important part of culture. Good English level helped Filipinos accept American culture easily. Even if Philippines became an independent country in 1946, due to it's alliance with US, American culture is still very popular there. And I think in this globalization era speaking good English is a great advantage of Filipinos.
@aprces (1082)
Any countries must be made of different culture from different countries.Who dare to swear I never used a Japanese electronic product,I never watched any American TV programs,I never used a product just like PC from America.If you are online,that must be said you are made of American culture.Internet was invented in there Actually we can't treat it as a culture that has been made of.We just choose some excellent products and stuffs,if some countries like Cambodia would invent something good,I believe many people will choose it But I consider culture has its own advance,it need a huge long time to be proved advanced