limiting the use of Disposable Plastic Bags

@ypyanyan (956)
China
Recently,limiting the use of disposable plastice bagd had been brought to popular attention in China.No one would deny that they once gained great popularity in our daily life. However ,what would our society be like with the excessive use?
@Iriene88 (5352)
In Malaysia we have this 'Go Green Campaign'. Many supermarket will participate to encourage shoppers to bring their own recycle bag to put the things that they bought. However for clothes and dry item it is okay. But for supermarket shoppers, it is a bit difficult because it is not practical to put frozen items, cold items, wet items together with the dry items like clothes etc. It is quite difficult to totally not using plastic bags, but afforts can be put to reduce the usage.
We have to bring at least 2 types of bags. One the normal bag to contain the dry items. As for frozen goods, we can use bags that have inner-lining of Aluminium to help keep frozen food cold for hours. This will be helpful.
@angelajoy (1840)
Lots of groups and concerned citizens are now trying to reduce the use of plastic bags because plastic does not decompose and would therefore be permanent trash here on earth. I think this is a wise move. I've seen groceries and other shops promote their "biodegradable plastic bags." According to those who promote these, they are plastics that are different from the old plastics because they would decompose. I don't know if this is true or not, but it would definitely be nice if it were because then we could still enjoy the convenience of using plastic bags without doing permanent damage to the environment.
@ypyanyan (956)
I like using plastic bags too. But it bring great pollution for our life.there are many streams which are polluted.there are many bags which are floating on it.Chinese government took measures which is that shop and supermarket don't support free bags for customers any more.
@JamesKYTan (1607)
In Malaysia a number of supermarkets in Penang tried to have a no plastic bag day, but not successful. But in Singapore they have a plastic bag-free Wednesday, it was quite successful as shoppers still shop on Wednesday by bringing their own bags. It is because on Wednesday shoppers buy at discounts. Coming back to Malaysia, Tesco supplies biodegradable bags which is a great way to at least helps to reduce the use of non-biodegradable plastic bags. In essence REUSE, REDUCE, RECYCLE.
@mzz663 (2776)
Here, outside of grocery stores they have bins to put the bags in for recycling. I do see a lot of them not being recycled, they end up blowing away in the wind and getting caught in trees and along the roads. I use mine as trash bags in my bathroom, car and for other odds and ends and re use them as much as I can. I do like some of the cloth bags they sell and have used them, they are sturdier and I don't have to worry about the contents rolling around the floor of the car if they tip over or break.
@CJscott (4184)
It would be littered with these stupid little wasteful plastic bags, that are hardly even recyclable, I much prefer the cloth and burlap re-usable bags for my shopping and day to day needs.