Do you do other things while you're on myLot?

Honestly, I'm not always sitting at the computer just focusing on myLot. I'll be on other sites with multi windows open . . . and when it's slow, I'll come here. Or I'll be eating a meal or snack while myLotting. Or I'll read a question, go do an errand, and then come back to write and post a response. Sometimes I'll work out to a You Tube music video and then come to myLot as I cool down. How about you guys? Are you a multi-tasking myLotter too?
I also multi-task.. usually I have a couple of tabs open like for facebook, and my email.. i also like watching tv or texting while I do mylot. Sometimes, I eat dinner while posting responses here. lol. Now I have my yahoo mail and my facebook open along with mylot, and at the same time I'm watching television, jumping from ellen to ace of cakes. multi-tasking is fun.
Hee hee. Multi-tasking is fun! And because you're doing so much at the same time it feels like you're getting a lot accomplished in a short amount of time (well, you are!). For sure Facebook and myLot is open at the same time over here. I guess I listen to tv more than watch (otherwise I'll have more typos than I already do - ha ha).
lol! Yeah, I really feel like I accomplish a lot of things when i'm multi-tasking.. and facebook and mylot I think really blends together. Specially when our internet connection is extremely slow in loading discussions, or uploading my responses.. I usually just browse facebook while I wait for the page to load completely.
Facebook and myLot do work well interchangeably, don't they? When either are slow, I go to the other. We're just having to much fun!
@zzyw87 (1260)
Yes, I also do other things while mylotting. I love multitasking. That is exactly what I do every day. While mylotting, I also surf the net or Facebook. Sometimes, I also chat on Yahoo Messenger while mylotting. I just alternate it but like you, I have a lot of windows open. I tried mylotting for 2 hours straight without doing anything else. It got a bit boring after an hour or so of just posting responses. That is why I alternate it with several things so that there will be more variety.
Wow - I've never tried myLotting for 2 hours straight! I think I would go nuts - hee hee!! Things are always updating here and on sites like Facebook, so I try to tackle them all at the same time - never a dull moment! It's just as you said, so there will be more variety!
@thea09 (18324)
• Greece
Hi much2say, I leave mylot on and do other things whilst on it. Anything that, needs doing around the house I'll do in between, or pop out, or shower, anything really, plus there is always a pile of books next to me to. When my son is at home he'll pop in and out and we'll play a bit or chat, and sometimes he wants to know what some people are up to on here, or read a particularly silly response.
It's great being on the computer at home . . . we can be on it and do house errands at the same time! So much to do, but it seems to go a lot faster when we can communicate and surf the web. That's funny about your son . . . hey, he should jump into myLot so he can join in on all the fun!
@marrie1 (256)
Yeah i do other things. I'm in colledge so am reading and taking notes and of corse eating as well. Hehehehe! but when i have a need to i reply to discussions and stuff like that.
I can see how myLot would be a great distraction while studying for your college courses (or is it the other way around - hee hee). What a good distraction myLot is while trying to study for your finals - hee hee. And it's so easy to eat while you're on the computer - period!
@robert19ph (4584)
hello much2say, same thing here. i do check my mails and even chat to a relative and friends abroad. besides, i am opening other sites too. sometimes, i am playing the psp if the internet is slow to make me awake.
Ah yes, I forgot about the chatting thing!! That's one thing I haven't jumped in on . . . at least with email or Facebook, I can cut into a conversation at anytime . . . whereas if I chat there, I should respond in real time. It's fun going on all these sites at the same time, eh? Keep you away? This place is like coffee - hee hee!
@ktynnz (75)
I always open lots of windows including of course myLot. I also do youTube, visit and publish posts in my blog, surf the net, find new things, wikipedia, etc. If I'm not really busy or if I get really bored I do post a lot of responses here.
Yes, me too! I never used to keep all the windows open, but now that I'm with myLot, I have another open window in which to keep me busy!! The possibilities online are endless!! I try to post here as much as I can too.
@ktynnz (75)
well keep on posting to earn more money. hehehe.
@patofgold23 (5075)
hi much... i am on the internet most of the day... doing other things... so i just leave the mylot tab open..and check from time to time...
If you're on the internet all day, then I can see how you can come to myLot in between all the other stuff you're doing! I'm not online all day, but when I am, I try to do make the most of the time. I come to myLot when I can!!
I just leave mylot open so i don't have to log on everytime... once in a while i check on for interesting topics,..respond to them..or just look around....
@crys7881 (267)
I am a total milti-tasker on the computer! I always have my e-mail open and myLot in another window, and Facebook or myspace in another!! Or I'll be checking my bank account balance, or paying bills lol I love being on the computer but with two kids I have to balance my time so I try to do several things at once! And like you I will get up and down doing other things and answering a question or two.
Hee hee!! I think kids make us moms become multi taskers, eh (that is, if we weren't already!)? We totally need to make good use of our time . . . so we have to gang up these tasks as much as possible! Pat on the back for us moms for getting things done - hee hee!!
@hireshd (492)
Yes this is not the only site I keep on working there are many other things that I am working on parellely, many a times I dont know what should be replied so instead of replying I work on other items and when I think I can reply I reply or create a new discussion, my primary task on the computer is not mylot.
That's good that myLot is not the only thing you do on the computer . . . I think it is that way for most people. Although this is the only site that I "work" on. I go on Facebook a lot, but my comments there are not as long as what I write here - hee hee. It's good to go back and forth to other sites . . . helps with the thinking process!
When I am on mylot I am always watching tv and some days I am doing wash. I just cant sit here and focus just on the computer. I need other noise around me and other things to do. I also go and get something to eat out of the refrigerator or make something to eat. Thats about all I do.
I can't focus solely on the computer either . . . it drives me nuts to just "sit". But it's nice that we can do this from home and get other things done!
yes,I'm a multi-tasking when i am on mylot.when I am reading the discussions and writing my comment,i like to listen music online at the same times,when mylot is slow i will open the other web sites to browse news.sometimes,i would have fruits or have a drink.
Sometimes myLot is slow . . . and sometimes Facebook is slow too . . . so I go to other sites instead or get things doen around the house. I love listening to music at anytime, so I have a window open for You Tube too!! Eating is always easy to do at the computer - hee hee - I do it all the time!
@trixyteddy (1072)
Yes, I do the same. I have to have something eat next to me. I log into other sites too and keep checking mail. I play games, etc. If I have work other than with the net, I do that too. Its fun, you never get bored this way.
That is true . . . you can never get bored online!! It's kind of fun juggling on the net, eh? It's a great distraction - particularly myLot - as there's always something new going on here!
@riyasbass (121)
Dear friend I am always confined to Mylot ...But my interest in hearing music often make me to take on the headset.As far as i know most people are aiming on multiple sites but because of the bandwidth limitation i aim only on Mylot. ..............FOR ME MYLOT IS THE SITE ,,The evergreen site..........................
Hee hee .. . confined to myLot .. . I never heard it that way!! But, in a way it's good because you can focus on thing at a time. I think I would probably do the headset thing if I couldn't open another window for You Tube!! Good luck to you and hope you are enjoying myLot!!
• Boston, Massachusetts
hi much2say, i am a multi-tasking mylotter. at home---i cook, do the laundry,look after the kids, watch tv while doing mylot. in the office, i have a window for mylot that i open from time to time to post some responses while doing reports, answering the phonecalls and eating during breaktime.
I am a multi-tasker from home too. We gotta do tend to home errands . . . but it's nice that we can find spots of time to be on myLot. I can run to the computer whenever I have a chance (ahhhh, the table can be cleaned later - ha ha). What a great distraction myLot must be at the office!
@oinkgiz (865)
hi much2say, thanks for sharing this discussion. what im doing while im on mylot??hmmm... i also do taking care of my son, feeding him or while playing with him... ahihihi... i like doing multitasking.... also i do visit other sites like facebook, multiply & more... i also surfing the net... or reading some news in a online newspaper. i also responds to other forum sites... or sometimes i eat & drink while reading & responding to mylot... ahihihi.... have a nice day and happy mylotting... ^_^
I, too, tend to my child in between myLot discussions - ha ha. It's nice to be able to juggle many different things at the same thing and get things done. Have a nice day too!!
@Tantrums (949)
I do different things, I am a multimedia artist and it requires a lot time in front of the PC... But I bought another LCD monitor so that I can do my work and myLot and not to switch between windows!
I can see how a multimedia artist needs to be in front of the computer . . . and there's probably a lot of waiting time, say if you're rendering something. And it's best not to switch windows in case you hit the wrong thing and screw it up!! You're smart to get another monitor!! Nice to go to myLot while you're working . . . must make the time go quicker!
@xParanoiax (6999)
Often I do multitask while on mylot. I'll blog. Read the news. Sort through my email, write in my books, read books, talk to friends. Get up and down and cook, clean, take care of animals & family. Listen to music, watch shows. I'll do homework and research too. I try to use my internet time as efficiently as possible.
That sounds like me! Get stuff done while you're on myLot! I get antsy just sitting in front of the computer, so it's great to do other things - especially if you're at home!! We get a lot done!
@DCLehnsherr (1042)
Hi much2say, I can't tend to do one things at a time because my mind gets bored and wonders off anyway, so I either have several mylot windows open at the same time, or I am doing other things elsewhere. At the moment I am doing an application form and playing Bejewelled on facebook as well as wondering around here. I am listening to music as well which helps my mind focus (except when I am singing lol!). I have tried mylot while watching TV as well but I tend to zone in one one of the other so that never works lol! All the best, Dranz
Ha ha, I am on Facebook at the same time as myLot often . . . not playing the games as much but at least trying to catch up with everyone!! I sometimes have another window open for You Tube music videos so I can either watch or listen at the same time as I write on myLot. But it's hard to workout and write on myLot at the same time - hee hee. Have fun!!!