do you trust doctors 100%??????

doctors.................. - doctors........
@acie_21 (5647)
do you...? me i do trust doctors but not all.... some doctors do not do their job properly... what i mean is...all the medicines they have given to their patients.. are not effective...still they cannot find the real cure of the patient problem/ disease ... like for example...my sister is been going to the doctor to have her injections every week to cure her sinusitis/allergy....its been months...its been so long already..and my parents said its too much they've been spending a lot of money for my sisters medicines and check ups.... but still no effect...so we decided to see another doctor and see if the doctor can help her ...she gave her a medicine and for 1 month my sister was cured.... after being cured the doctor said to my sister ,must avoid any food that gives her allergies or avoid dust ... see...we cant trust all doctors.... how about you...??? what you think?..? happy posting!
@zed_k4 (17640)
For me, I wouldn't say that I don't trust doctors at all, but I try my best not to rely on them 100%. I would always try natural methods first before succumbing to doctor's visits..
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there zed!... like what...? what have you tried..?
@zed_k4 (17640)
Like drinking lots of plain water instead of taking painkillers.. lol
Unfortunately Acie , you are absolutely bang as to never trusting doctors entirely.In today's world most doctors have become money minded rather than adhere strictly to their Hippocratic oath. Patients have become numbers and treatment secondary- profit is the general compulsion. Not all of the profession however have given in to this tendency fortunately otherwise we would have no where to go to for treatment. But by and large a large section of the community have become extremely financially conscious and care more about their income from their nursing homes and private practice and treat patients rather like money bags and experimental guinea pigs.
@agv0419 (3030)
Not all doctors are like that but there are doctors that you can trust. In my experience I stop going to my doctor for regular check ups for 3 years because I can't afford the laboratories anymore. I don't know why doctors now a days are money minded rather than to help us to cure our illnesses weather we have money or not. I stop hoping that medicines going to cure my condition anymore. I admired the doctors that going to the mountains and provinces to serve the poor people. They are one in a million I hope in the future more doctors willing to give there services for free.
@acie_21 (5647)
thanks friends...... yes i also admire those types of doctors..who care a lot about other people who cant afford expensive medicines and check ups... i have a doctor ...my obgyne she is very concern about her patients feeling,spiritual,physical...problems..she told me if i have problems i can call her anytime in her clinic and in her house...so i dont need to have check up if i feel or have any problems about my health.... i admire her most...so we must choose doctors who are concerned to others not only to their self or their money.... thats why they became doctors to help the poor / people...not to make money out of them... thanks!friends! keep dropping by!
@Graceekwenx (3168)
acie. in fairness to some doctors, the clinical diagnosis may not be that distinct or prominent upon their initial evaluation. Some doctors would even recommend various laboratory exams just to rule out a certain illness. Furthermore, patient may not have given all the cheif complaints relative to the diagnosis. What i am trying to get that is once you get the wrong diagnosis, expect the wrong treatment. In the case of your sister, her illness is chronic rhinitis (i assume). Most likely, she visited the doctor when she had been having post nasal drips. And post nasal drips can also be acute; hence the doctor might have recommended her wth antibiotics which later had not been proven effective because the real diagnosis is chronic allergic rhinitis; and allergies can only be treated with steroids. I do see it as my advantage to be learned on the medical field myself. Beware of initial diagnosis because the illness may not have been full blown on its symptoms and it can be prone to error. Well.. Like they always say, when in doubt, seek for a second opinion. I would suggest that whenever you visit a doctor, try surfing on the symptoms on your own first or take a friend with high medical knowledge to back you up. Oh.. and i dont usually trust all doctors.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there graceekwenx.... i have chronic allergic rhinitis too..its runs to the blood...mines is worst!my brother and sister has allergies too.i was taking steriods too..last year..then now i stopped seeing a doctor cause its very expensive...and always going to doctor to have check ups!..very tiring..i just dont get my doctor why he still wants me to go back and back to his clinic..while we can talk in the phone for further discussions about my medicines...thats why i find other doctors are just making use to their patients money...well..anyways thats friend! keep posting!
@acie_21 (5647)
i mean..thanks friend... bye!
@xannebull (1806)
sorry to all the doctors out there, but i really don't trust them 100%. there was time that my son was having fever and i was so worried because the doctor told me to let my son have a cbc, urine exam, and typhiodal exam. all of it was negative and my money was just wasted with all those laboratory exam.
@Archie0 (4674)
I used to trust them... However, certain recent incidents have shattered my blind faith in them. They are plain humans... no where near GOD or DEMIGOD... I would say plain businessmen in a different profession
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there xannebull.... thats what doctors do...to be sure that their patient is not having that certain disease...what i mean a process or step to know what is the patients problem... thats were they can tell if your child is ill....or something... well our friend is right there only human like us..who makes mistakes.. keep posting!
@mobhomeir (7567)
Hello Acie not all doctors are good in their specialties. I mean there are doctors that are good and there are not quite good enough. There are also some person and even our friends recommend their own doctors because they've proven that they were cured in their illness. In the case of your sister I think her doctor is not your regular doctor. Maybe her first time because if the doctor is been your regular doctor I think the doctor itself would refer to another doctor who has specialty in your sister's illness. Maybe you're right or maybe you're wrong in judging the way that doctor treats your sister... Why not look for another specialist? There are lots of doctors in the universe...
@acie_21 (5647)
yes ..i dont know with my parents... she Chinese..and said shes a good doctor.... thats what they said.. thanks mobhomeir....
@K46620 (1998)
Mostly but anyone can fools you, so you have to watch out, ask lots of questions, etc.
@acie_21 (5647)
yeah!..thats right..that would be better to know if they really know what they are doing!..loL! thanks!
doctors are just giving us prescription that is why we always have second opinion. We can assure about something wrong with us when we have second opinion. We do that. Doctors are human still, although they had studied the course for 10 years , they master it and earned the degree they can still make a mistake. That is why it is advisable when a patient is asked about their condition is to answer it honestly so that they will be cured. And if we will look for a doctor, we must go to the real physician, and physician with long years of expertise. We can rely with doctors and there is always a second opinion.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there grecychunny... yes...your also right... so lets all be healthy!... to be sick free!..lol! see ya !
@Ritchelle (3798)
this is very much true that is why they say to always get a second opinion. also, a little personal research might help. nowadays, you just type symptoms in the net and a diagnosis emerges. though it's not a real personal professional opinion at least i know it might be useful.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there ritchelle... thanks for posting!... yes ..internet could help a lot... but check ups..help a lot more.. but it needs a lot of money for that... hehehe! thanks! cheers!
@hotsummer (10077)
oh my, that first doctor really seemed wanted to earn money first before helping her client find a cure. and yes, i don't trust doctor that much, but i still have trust in them but not all. i usually try to see if the doctor seems very knowledgeable in his field and feel if he is sincere to cure his patients or more concerned to earn money. if the doctor is more concerned on how much bill he will give to his clients then i will just usually look out for other doctors. it really piss me off if doctors usually just bill us and give us so many expensive treatments and still we don't get well. like we have so much money to shell out. we also work and we don't earn well as they do. and we try to save as much money as we can.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there hotsummer.... thanks for posting!.... being a doctor is not easy..i just hoped those people who like to be a doctor must know the importance and responsibilities ... its just not about money..its about helping other people... people trust them so much for they are consider as to be a material from God to heal people...this is a very serious job..taking ones life is a big conscience and responsibility...negligence of a doctor must be taken actions and what they are studying is not a joke....or experiment...they must take care ones emotional,spiritual,physical or even financial status of a human being...thats their job... if they have all this they are considered being a good doctor...though they are just humans..still they must try harder ..its their responsibility to take care of... thanks!
Nope even though they know a lot they are still vulnerable to make mistakes after they are all humans. I remember when my daughter have fever we went to this doctor and check her I really don't understand what he says what are his findings he seems sleepy and also he is very old already. Just transfer to another doctor but make sure he is good there also doctors you can trust but not all them.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi kryptoscode..... hehehhe!why did you go to that doctor ..?who referred you...? do you know some good doctors..? are they expensive..? thanks!
Well, let's see..They dispense medications that come with disclaimers that say, in essence, 'If this medication doesn't kill you it will cure you! In the event that it does (1)Kill you or (2)Harm you, we will not be held responsible because you knew the risks going in. In the event that it cures you we will take full responsibilty and we want our money now!' I go to doctors very very rarely. I stopped when they stopped asking me how I'm feeling and started asking how I'm gonna pay for it. I figure they lost sight of why 'health professionals' were there. ENJOY!!
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there greenfeathers... thanks!...for the opinion.... so do you trust them 100%???
@kun2349 (23477)
Doctors cant be trusted completely!! haha =D I will only visit a doctor when i'm really really really sick, such as having a long fever, cough, flu etc.. Other than that, i rely on self medication as well as self heal with exercises.. lol =D ONe thing about seeing doctors is that, it's expensive.. PLus, there will be times when doctors are not sure about viral infection or whatever, they will only be giving basic medication for trial.. haha =D And in order to protect themselves, they will tell patients, 'go back to see them after __ days if still not well".. lol =D
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there kun... have you tried to have a surgery / operation...? any accidents happened to you..?
@kun2349 (23477)
NOpe, so far i always been lucky.. hehe ^_^ MOst of my injuries are only superficial, without needing any surgery, but only sitching.. haha
@acie_21 (5647)
does it hurts kun...when stitching...? was it big...?
@offlimits (602)
Yes but not completely. Like you said there are other doctors who just don't do their jobs well and are only after the money. Some of them are just concerned about their image as doctors and they only work just for the sake of their reputation. There are some who take advantage of their capability to make believe their patients that they are giving the right prescriptions, when the truth is they're really not. It is good that we have to establish our relationship with the doctor first to see if we can trust them. I hope that the incident about your sister will not happen again.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there offlimits.... yes..i hoped so... thats why im scared to be pregnant again...i lost my baby ones... i was experiencing bleeding the doctor said thats alright..she gave me a medicines to hold the baby...the next month was ok...till another month came..i experience bleeding again..when i had an ultrasound the baby was gone...no heart beat... how could i ever trust a doctor again...was it their fault..on what happened..? please do comment again.. take care!
Oh, I'm sorry about that :( Well, I wouldn't say that the doctor is the only one to blame in that situation because the cause could might have been influenced by other factors such as your physical condition as the bearer of the child or maybe it is the child itself who could not hold on anymore. I understand what you have felt for the doctor and it is just normal. I don't have any idea what the doctor might have prescribed you but I just wished that she had truly taken care of you and even explained it to you well so that you will not be confused about it. Take care always.
@acie_21 (5647)
ITS OK...i do understand...the doctor told me everything... it was just kinda painful to lose my first baby... still im thankful...for God has His own reason...and plan.. take care! friend thanks for the reply!
@edxcast (1169)
• Ecuador
yeah i agree with you. There are doctors that can be trusted, as well there are doctors that cant be trusted. Wow the story of your sister, it seems to me, that the doctor was taking advantage in a totally inappropriate way. I havent really need too much doctors, but the ones i have visited are trusted by my family, so there are few chances that those doctors would try to scam me. Happy mylotting
@acie_21 (5647)
hi edxcast.. never tried one...??? have you ever experienced those doctors who are very strict... and always get mad if you dont obey them???.. i hate those kind of doctors!.... do you?? keep sharing!
@edxcast (1169)
• Ecuador
Well yeah, a dentist(he was more like maxillofacial surgeon). I needed him to remove my wisdom teeths(which are the last ones). But it was my fault actually, i couldnt stop swallowing saliva as i was really nervous. And he just get mad to put me together and stop doing that. Though its a great guy, and one hell of a doctor.
@acie_21 (5647)
heheheh!lol... thanks for sharing edxcast... enjoy mylotting!
@jdyrj777 (6563)
I do not trust doctors at all 100%. Here is 1 example. A couple of yrs ago i went to have a =(1) tooth extracted. I figured since i was going i should also have my teeth cleaned, polished and whatever else needed done, fillings etc. I was going to a clinic because of small income. It turned out to be many visits before orginal tooth i wanted extracted was actully removed. A series of cleanings. A perscribed mouth wash supposed for sensitive mouth. My mouth was not sensitive. But after using that mouthwash a few days my teeth were more yellow than ever before and i had lines going down the middle of my front teeth. I was horrified. While reading the label i saw those were side effects. OMG!!! Why would the dentist perscribe something that made my teeth look worse than they did before? The mouth wash cost $12 a bottle and i threw it away. Both of them. What scared me was the bottle said the side effects may or may not go away. Eventually the side effects did go away. The dentist was also talking about pulling a lot of my teeth that were not giving me problems and im thinking how will i be able to chew? I stop going as soon as the tooth i wanted pulled was out. i felt like the practice dummy. Plus because of the many visits i was charged per visit. So it ended up costing alot. I was suppose to pay so much per visit. And i did. After i stopped going they sent a bill. Most the time when you go to a doc they are like..."I think you have so&so so im ging to perscribe this and lets see how that works." Sounds experimental to me. I prefer to use natural cures by way of herbs and foods. Who do you trust God or man?
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there jdyrj... yeah ...i dont know why their like that..it seems they just practice their patients.. were not animals...or non-living things...we are humans that has brains!... that happened to me ones..my doctor in rhinitis...i hate him so much..he wants me to visit him three times a week!...i cant even call him..cause his busy..damn that doctor..thats why i stopped going to his clinic all his doing is check me up a little and ask a few questions..then!pay!350 pesos very three times a week!..hhhrrrrr!.it tires me so much! thanks! friend!
@jdyrj777 (6563)
I understand. They are only experimenting with us and taking our money. I dont go to one unless i absolutely need to.
@acie_21 (5647)
hehehe!me too... thanks friend!keep dropping by!..
@robert19ph (4587)
hello acie_21, maybe, but we need to go to the other doctor to have a second opinion. even better when we visit a third one. some doctors that i heard is only after for the money. though some are really good but their professional fee is expensive. the best thing i think is to go to a doctor that we really know and recommended by a friend or family. this way, we can avoid such problem.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi robert.. yes..thats better.. thats what my mom is doing...too. and my mom knows how to get along with her doctors.. she is good in making friends... thats why she knows a lot of good doctors..loL! THANKS!
@cctvzc (36)
As you say,some doctors no good do their job enough!
@acie_21 (5647)
hi cctvzc... welcome to mylot!.. keep sharing! thanks! see ya around!...
@cctvzc (36)
Thank you!I will do it
i am a doctor,i think most part of doctors can be trust.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there...amy... i believe that... but sad to say some are not..like what other mylotters said... thanks!doc!.. welcome to mylot!
No I don't trust doctors. I was sick about three years ago and I went to several doctors. Nobody could tell me what was wrong with me. Now I know every time I have anxiety and fear which is all the time now. I get the illness again.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there doglady... i have anxiety to.... its just you need to go in the right doctor..who knows that field.. like psychologist..i had that illness back when i was still schooling in college.. i studied nursing..every time i take the test..i feel cold and not feeling so good.. its like my heart feels something is pointing a needle..hard to breathe...and always thinking of something else.. thats what you called heart burn.... thats what i felt...now that im married i stopped studying..i was not stress already.. i dont worry now..all you must do is rest and dont keep on thinking...sleep early... have a nice day! friend,hoped that will help!..
@happy6162 (3011)
No, I do not trust doctors 100%. There are some doctors who really care about their patients and there are some that money come first and patients second. I do not know of too many people who do not have some type of allergy. And a good doctor will give you a medicine to take that will help. They can even tell you which over the counter allergy works the best.
@acie_21 (5647)
hi there happy... happy that you cared to dropped by....heheheeh! yes...thats why we must choose the right doctor.. a doctor we can rely on and we feel comfortable... to trust him/her.... a relief of..its gonna be ok... right..? thanks!