Which is easier to love your self or others?

There are some people who find it hard to love their self but easy to love others. While others find it easy to love their self and difficult to love others. Which one you find it easier to love your self or others?
That is a question people have asked me for different reasons. And what I told them was that there is no way that we can love other without love our self because we first need to love our self to know what real love is and then we would be able to love others.
Yeah, you're right, we need first to love our self before we can love others. Since we can't give what we don't have. So, you mean it is easier to love our self than others? But I have known someone who always give others, who always take the welfare of others before herself. Some even take advantage of her kindness and generosity, but she didn't care because she told me that it is only in loving others that she can love her self. What do you think about it? Thank you for sharing with us and have a great day!
It may not be easier but I think that in order to love others we have to love our self. It is like the lady you wrote about I am sure that she loves her self and that is why she likes to help others I guess it those make her feel good about her self and that is because she cares for others as she cares for her self. I also don’t think that there is any way that we can love others without loving our self since caring for others and loving them must start from a feeling that comes from us. I am also not saying that we should not care and love others that may not deserve it since it is better to love and care than to not care or hate.
@syankee525 (6294)
i had trouble with this one. i wouldnt love myself or anyone else. now i finally to love someone esle you must love your own self first before anyone can love you
@Archie0 (4669)
Ultimately no. Loving yourself will not make others love you more. And why would you want that? Why would you do anything to MAKE someone do something they don't want to do? But then, you have to have a mature understanding of what love is; and you have to discover what it means to love yourself. What can loving yourself do? If you practice truely loving yourself, you will enhance your self esteem, enhance your immune system, create a more positive atmosphere in your life. And you'll stop worrying about whether people like you or not. If you asked this girl to be your girlfriend, then you won't expect her to respond the way you want. You'll give her the freedom to be herself, and do what she want. You said, "You started feeling a lot for her and somehow forgot about yourself." That is not love. That is infatuation. If you really and authentically love yourself, then you won't be so afraid of being rejected. Maybe she was nervous; maybe you were pushy; so back up.
@veronizm (909)
Hi careguarden! I agree with Sourceseeker. There should be a balance for both. And as what janebeth said, one should love oneself first before loving others because one cannot fully extend their love to others if they don't even love their own selves. I'm not sure on which of the two I find easier, because I always make it sure that I am balanced between loving myself and loving my neighbors. I'm not perfect at it though but I do try :)
The Bible says love your brother as your self. I think this is sayings there nmust be a healthy balance of both. Cant be selfish and love only self and cant deny self totally and and have nothing to love others with.
@janebeth (2034)
hi care, there is this saying, "LOVE YOURSELF FIRST BEFORE YOU WILL LOVE OTHERS", maybe it answers everything.. so before loving others you should love yourself first, how can you love others if you don't know how to love yourself first?? janebeth.
@cmdr001 (371)
• Portugal
Others. I simply cannot love myself because I see in me an overly flawed person. It's always difficult to love, or sometimes just like, someone who has flaws but since we typically can be our own, worst criticizer, the flaws that are in us always get exaggerated. In times I may have found easy to love myself, but not anymore.