Do your kids get free stuff all the time?

Just today alone: My daughter got a free balloon and a cookie at a free arts and crafts event that happened to be at the mall today. Then we hit a Halloween shop and a salesguy came up to her and gave her a free spider ring. And at Trader Joes, she got another balloon, some stickers, and a juice box for finding Coconut Joe. Not to mentiont the free pasta sample there. She gets all the freebies!! No wonder we have so much "stuff" here - ha ha. What kinds of free stuff do your kids get?
tell me about it! everytime we go to the grocery store my son gets a free balloon or stickers. he gets lollipops everywhere too! my son is 4 by the way. and for some reason he also manages to get money all the time from people. there have been many occassions where we walk into a gas station and someone will come up and give him a dollar or two just for being cute and polite. one lady gave him money for holding the door open for her. to me that is crazy! he should just do it to be polite not for money! haha. another time we were in the grocery store and a lady gave him ten dollars! ofc she asked me first if it was ok but i still think it is nuts. she said he was just so cute she couldn't help it. she told him the money was from santa. lol. at least it is nice to know there are still good people in the world i guess! :)
Ah, yes, I forgot about the lollipops!! My daughter is 4, too! Wow, now getting cash - that's a talent - hee hee - and a whole dollar?! What a gentleman already for holding the door open for a lady - I am impressed! And ten dollars? Goodness . . . if your son keeps this up, he can save up for his college tuition - hee hee!!!! That's an awesome freebie!!!
@liquorice (3902)
Wow, that is impressive, and can't believe the woman who gave him $10! I'm just butting in here because it reminded me of when an old lady from our road came up to us and gave my daughter a £1 coin to buy an ice cream. We've only met this woman about twice, so I was kind of shocked by this. And my daughter was too, as she's never been given this much before in her life! We normally give her 5 pence pieces to make her feel like she's got some money, and then she thinks that she's rich, lol!
liquorice, thanks for "butting" in. lol. it is always fun to hear other peoples stories. yea.. you would have thought that my son won the lottery with his ten dollars. haha. his face lights up so much when he gets stuff like that. it is really cute. and always cute when he looks up with those big blue eyes and bats those long eyelashes to say thank you. :)
@liquorice (3902)
Wow, that was a good day for your daughter!! Mine gets a couple of free things usually when we go out, but not really on the same scale, lol!. Usually if we go to McDonalds she'll get a balloon, and of course the toy from the Happy Meal (although that's not strictly free..) And there's a shop near us where the staff always give children a free sticky chew. They're really disgustingly sticky, so I'm not too pleased about this one! Then there's the guy from the corner shop who randomly gives her free things that he collects from the covers of magazines that he has left over. And recently there was a very random free lollypop. We were standing at the bus stop when these two kids came along and ask my daughter if she wants a lollypop. Of course she said yes. Apparently they were Christian missionaries and they had the lollies left over from a preaching session they'd just done. So that was quite strange. (Not complaining though!) The best thing for freebies was when they did an under-5's fun day at the park and there were all sorts of free stuff. Free events are the best
Aren't free stuff for kids just great? And they treat it nearly the same as when we actually buy things . . . so I just love these little treasures for the kids (except for some gooky candy at times - yah, we don't need our kids to have all that candy!). Wow, I don't think we've ever gotten a balloon from McDonalds. And that was really nice of those kids to give your daughter a lollipop - those are always a hit! I love free events - they ARE the best (and for our wallets!)
@liquorice (3902)
Thanks a lot for best response! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.
Hope your holidays were great too! The free stuff keeps piling up - hee hee. We have a newborn now - oh - what new generation of free stuff will we be getting soon - ha ha!