Contating former boyfriends/girlfriends on Myspace

@jovimom (1576)
Do you think this is a bad idea? I recently contacted an old boyfriend from when I was 15. Just thought it would be cool to see what he's up to. We've talked a little back and forth. I am happily married with 2 kids and he's in a relationship with 2 kids. So is there anything wrong with this to you? I don't think so, yet I'm not mentioning it to my husband, no need for a useless argument over something stupid in my eyes...
@cmathias12 (1025)
• Armed Forces Canada, Europe, Middle East
I have a few of my ex boyfriends on myspace, including the guy who took my virginity :S I really don't think this is bad. we all make friends before our husbands so why not :D
@jovimom (1576)
I don't see anything wrong with it either, but I'm sure my husband would have a few words to say about it...so I'm just not telling him. He doesn't get on Myspace, Facebook etc anyways or read my emails
@NessaKay (19)
Yeah it's probably a bad idea, if you're happily married why would you need to message an old boyfriend? I know I've done it in the past when I first got with my husband I wasn't really ready to make the commitment and still wanted my old life talking with old boyfriends and such. It was a BADDDDD idea because my husband found out and we got into huge fights about it. It almost ruined my relationship and it wouldn't have been worth it because they're ex's for reasons. Good luck with everything though!
@jovimom (1576)
Glad things worked out OK for you. I think I'll be alright, thanks!
@burrito88 (2779)
It depends on what you were trying to achieve. Making contact like that might seem like you were unsatisfied with your current situation. Certainly, that's what you think you husband might think. For me, sometimes I think it's better to look forward than to look back.
@jovimom (1576)
it's not that I'm not satisfied, I just wanted to catch up. A boyfriend from that long ago I don't think is a bad thing. But yes he would see it as negative which is why I won't tell him. Plus we met in a bar when I was still married and with my 1st husband, so he's insecure in the 1st place...
I don't think it is a problem, at least not for me. I too have gotten curious and searched up a couple of past flames...then tested the waters by sending them a message just to say hi and catch up on eachothers lives. We don't talk often, but it is nice to be in contact with people from the past. As for whether or not to tell your husband, well, that is a descision you have to make. If you think he would get upset or jealous if he found out you were talking to past beaus...well, i don't know, as i think it would be better, and more easily talked about and cause less problems if you were upfront about it, rather than risking the possibility that he will find out later, and think that you were hiding it from him. I think if you were to tell him up front that you came across an old boyfriend online and you have been catching up on each others lives, talking about your respective children and whatnot, even if he were still somewhat concerned about you talking to him, at least suspicion wouldn't get the better of him and leave him assuming the worst.
@jovimom (1576)
well he doesn't get on myspace, facebook, or twitter. He just plays games and goes in scooter forums. I think in this case it's best not to tell him