A Dog Ban

@erikmama (12929)
Do you think dogs such as Pit Bulls and Rotsweilers should be banned from being bred? since the dogs are not friendly ones and are known to bite people, would this option help
hi erikmama oh yes definitely I think pit bulls and pit terriors should not be bred. they are merciless killers and very dangerous 'to boot.as for rottweilers I think that if people treat them with kindness they will never hurt anyone, as i have known people who raise them and have never had any problems with them being vicious.
Nonsense it the way the dog is raised. Any dog could be made to be a merciless killer. Another problem is inbreeding my neighbor had a Cocker Spaniel that was inbreed to much and would go in to fits and get real mean. I have a half shepard half rottweiler that is a real chicken.
@erikmama (12929)
I used to have a pit bull, ms hatley. She was trained to be a guard dog, but to those the she was protecting, she was the most loyal dog that you could ever set eyes on. I do not think that they ar necassarily the meanest dogs always. Rottweilers are the same way I think.
@matsulori (269)
http://www.trivia-library.com/a/9-dog-breeds-that-bite-the-most.htm As you might have guessed, the above site lists the nine breeds that bite the most. Not only are Pitbulls NOT high on the list, not only are Pitbulls low on that list -- they didn't even make the list. I'm not trying to be rude, but you obviously have never lived with a properly socialized, well-trained Pitbull. I've never had a Rottie, but I imagine just like every other dog that has been demonized by the press, they've gotten the short end of the stick. I have three purebred Pitbull pups. They're a year old now, and their names are (the red male)Hephaestus, (the white female) Hera, and (the brindle) Brenda. Hephaestus has decided I'm his. Every time I let him inside the house, he gives me a kiss. My dogs are happy, well-adjusted well-mannered pups. Yes, they sound scary at the gate; but they're doing their job. Once my husband or I walk you inside, my pups are all over you -- because they're still pups -- and they have to lick you and sniff you everywhere. They will sit in your lap if you let them. They will act as if I never, EVER feed them should you happen to be eating something... They're just dogs. The point is, a dog -- ANY DOG -- can be trained to fight and be vicious. All the blame for that goes to the owner/handler/trainer every minute we spend with our pets, we're teaching them how to behave. Breed specific laws DON'T WORK and are inhumane to the breed they target. If you have any doubts about Pitbulls, come over and visit with my puppies! I'm sure you'll love them and they'll love you!
@erikmama (12929)
At the time of posting this discussion, the talk of how horrible Pit Bulls were seemed to be all over my news, therefore, this is why I listed Pits in the list, however, if you will notice, I did not SAY just these breeds, I said such as these breeds. And yes, I use to own a Pit named Sissy. She was trained as a guard dog and would kill for me and my family. But she was also very loyal, very lovable, and the sweetest dog youwould ever set eyes on. I DO NOT think there should be a ban on any type of dog, perhaps their owner, but not a dog or specific breed itseld.
@angryeve (705)
Hi erikmama, actually I think its not just because of their breed, it's really how they were train. Since their breed is famous for being very aggressive, their owners usually trains them to be like that. But I read somewhere ( totally can't remember) that these breed cloud actually be friendly if their owners have trained them to be. They are like children, a child will more or less grow up according to what and how you have taught him. Dogs mostly respond on what their owners taught them
@erikmama (12929)
I use to own a Pit and she was trained to protect me and be a guard dog. But I was also responsible with it and made sure that she was never outside unattended, never left off of a chain,etc.And to me and my family she was a big ole baby...Just dont mess with her!
n my opinion I think people who don't know how to raise dogs should be banned from having this type of dog. These poor dogs have gotten a bad rap because people have trained them to be mean and very aggressive. If trained properly these dogs can be so sweet and loving
@erikmama (12929)
Couldn't have said it better! guard dogs are good for a lot of peole, such as me, a single woman with kids. People watch single women, elderly, et.and with a guard dog in the house I guarantee they would think twice about coming in or harming me or my children. It is the owners of these animals who need to be watched more closely to ensure that they are responsible dog ownsers.
Dogs r used for protection all over the world, including the place u live in. NO BREED OF DOG SHOULD B BANNED FROM ANYTHING, PLACE OR WHATEVER. The main thing that should be done is to ban the dog that does something wrong, not while guarding a home etc.. The individual dog that attacts for no reason should be banned and the owner find a HUGE AMOUNT for not training the animal...All large breed dogs and some others should have a stipulation on them when purchased, training IS A MUST, NOT A WHIM. Afterall, the dog that attacks the most is not the breed u mentioned. It is a Labrador Ret. and a poodle...etc.. REMEMBER ALWAYS LUV/ CARE AND TRAIN YOUR DOG/ PET, THEY WILL ALWAYS LUV U...
@erikmama (12929)
I completley agree with you. Dogs are great for protection but there also comes a sense of resposnibilty with them.