Pregnant while pregnant!

@mommyboo (13198)
Apparently this can happen! I am watching a video on yahoo right now about a woman who was pregnant and conceived AGAIN while she was already pregnant! Can you imagine? Here is a link, I cannot get the link to the video unfortunately. http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/health/She_Got_Pregnant_While_Pregnant_dpgo_20090924_jst_3681951
im dumbfounded.. im a medical junky and never knew this was possible!! wow
It is possible to get pregnant again when you are already pregnant. It happened to a friend of mine. At first, they thought she was having twins until they realised one baby was significantly smaller than the other. When they investigated it further, they found that the babies had been conceived 2 months apart. She went to full term for the first baby (40 weeks), and the other was considered a prem. The real fun came when she tried to explain to people that they weren't twins, but she gave birth to them on the same day. Yeah, the confusion on people's face was priceless! Her babies are 7 now, and you wouldn't know one was a premmie, in fact, that one is the taller of the 2 now!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey mommyboo! I just listened to this and still am not quite clean on how this is possible! It is extremely rare to say the least! And they aren't even sure when the babies will be delivered or if they will be delivered at the same time since they are in totally separate sacs with totally separate umbilical cords! I must say I have also never heard of this either! It is quite fascinating to say the least! I guess they will be keeping a serious watch on this woman all through her pregnancy to see what develops up until her delivery or deliveries! How strange! I do hope that she will be able to deliver two healty babies!
@leahsmom (338)
OMG !! just glad it didn't happen to !! did anyone hear about the two twins one was black one was white
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Isn't life fascinating some times? Reminds me of the article that I read about male/female identical twins, one in 5 million chance of that happening apparently. Sometimes things can be stranger than we realize. The body is supposed to prevent this from happening, but apparently once in a very long while it doesn't.
@34momma (13896)
OMG!!! i heard about this poor woman this morning!! I ddon't know what i would do if this was me!!! this is just too much. honestly i don't know what i would do...
@SuzyLong (775)
I knew someone that this happened to years ago, the doctors worked it out that she got pregnant within a few days on each other. The father is the same guy but the babies aren't twins, which always confused me as they were born on the same day but because "technically" one is a few days older than the other, they aren't twins. One has black hair the other is blonde, one has blue eyes the other has green, it's like one is so much more like their mum and the other is more like their dad. It's all very strange.